Archived Topic

In other news, I'm no longer a Boise State fan

by Mars · 9/3/2010

Advertisement
M
Mars


http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/430566/BSU.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



After careful consideration, SCREW THOSE DRUNKEN DONKEYS!!





Seriously.
B
BerliNY
I thought the vandals were the inebriated ones? No? Perhaps both?
F
Florwood
Welcome back from the dark side. Or at least the blue and orange side.
L
Lawboy
The dilemma for me is who to root for in the BSU v. VT game, similar to the Utah v. Pitt game. I enjoy seeing regional "rivals" lose, but I also pull for a western team to beat a team out East every time that match up occurs. The eastern/southern football bias pisses me off to no end. And that is why I enjoyed watching an overhyped Pitt and Big Least team lose to Utah, not because Utah won. Call it negative voting. Same with BSU v. VT. I want VT to lose to BSU. Screw the Eastern bias.
Y
Y 4 Ever
Lawboy wrote:
The dilemma for me is who to root for in the BSU v. VT game, similar to the Utah v. Pitt game. I enjoy seeing regional "rivals" lose, but I also pull for a western team to beat a team out East every time that match up occurs. The eastern/southern football bias pisses me off to no end. And that is why I enjoyed watching an overhyped Pitt and Big Least team lose to Utah, not because Utah won. Call it negative voting. Same with BSU v. VT. I want VT to lose to BSU. Screw the Eastern bias.


There is no dilemma. Cheer against :utard: in every game. Cheer against BSU too.
Advertisement
U
urroner
33311710 wrote:
The dilemma for me is who to root for in the BSU v. VT game, similar to the Utah v. Pitt game. I enjoy seeing regional "rivals" lose, but I also pull for a western team to beat a team out East every time that match up occurs. The eastern/southern football bias pisses me off to no end. And that is why I enjoyed watching an overhyped Pitt and Big Least team lose to Utah, not because Utah won. Call it negative voting. Same with BSU v. VT. I want VT to lose to BSU. Screw the Eastern bias.


There is no dilemma. Cheer against :utard: in every game. Cheer against BSU too.


Pray that both teams lose.
D
Dcr36
Curious where this is BSU-hate coming from. I can see why, if you have no other allegiance to BSU other than than the fact that they too had the goal of punching holes in the BCS system, you would no longer be interested in them since our fate works pretty independently from that. I also agree with most people that their scheduling sometimes doesn't match their ambition. And the Bronco trolls we get from time to time suck.



Aside from that, why are they a team worth cheering against? I felt like they did pretty much everything else about as classy as they could.
C
CougarClaw
Dcr36 wrote:
Curious where this is BSU-hate coming from. I can see why, if you have no other allegiance to BSU other than than the fact that they too had the goal of punching holes in the BCS system, you would no longer be interested in them since our fate works pretty independently from that. I also agree with most people that their scheduling sometimes doesn't match their ambition. And the Bronco trolls we get from time to time suck.



Aside from that, why are they a team worth cheering against? I felt like they did pretty much everything else about as classy as they could.


The fans.



The fans.



and the fans.

Did I mention their fans suck?
9
98BYUAlum
For me it is more about competition for a BCS bowl. I'm not saying that BYU is a front-runner for a BCS bowl this year, but even if they were BSU is competition for limited spots and has a higher starting ranking. I know that last year both BSU and TCU went, though I'm certain the BCS will try to avoid that two non-AQ team scenario any way they can, so one spot is generally what is available. If they can beat VT and then lose to Idaho later in the year, that would be better, but losing to VT is much more likely.
8
88Coug
I have found a lot of Boise fans to be very similar to Utah fans, which is not unusual because both fans are mostly bandwagon fans who have jumped on the bandwagon in the last 10 years or so......
Advertisement
Q
QuarterbackU
It is so odd to me to no longer disdain the BCS, to no longer be enamored with the big boys vs. little boys argument. I no longer care. I've taken the high road like BYU, I don't care as much about the money or the Beauty Contest Series with our new found independence.



I will say this about BSU, I would rather they break into the national title game this year against Ohio State than TCU. TCU & Gary Patterson's piss poor attitude towards BYU's independence has made me hate them.



I like BSU's chances at the national title game this year because they start out #3 and not #15-20 this time. I think they will come out with a win against VT too. With the amount of returning starters on offense BSU has a great shot at winning.
W
wildeone
88Coug wrote:
I have found a lot of Boise fans to be very similar to Utah fans, which is not unusual because both fans are mostly bandwagon fans who have jumped on the bandwagon in the last 10 years or so......

They've only been in D-1 for like 8 years...
C
CaptainCoug
Boise State is Utah's mini me. They are an average team that doesnt play anyone and their fan base is more delusional than typical Utetards...
S
Schmoe
You finally have seen the light! Woot!
Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
I don't have anything against Boise St. at all. I actually want them to win the National Championship so all the frUtes won't have anything to brag about.
8
88Coug
wildeone wrote:

They've only been in D-1 for like 8 years...


No, they joined FBS in 1996. Boise joined the WAC in 2001. So, almost twice 8 years....



And since Utah has only been relevant since 1994 or so...... they are about the same....
B
BTIB
88Coug wrote:

They've only been in D-1 for like 8 years...


No, they joined FBS in 1996. Boise joined the WAC in 2001. So, almost twice 8 years....



And since Utah has only been relevant since 1994 or so...... they are about the same....


And BYU has been pretty much irrelevant for about 8 years.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
W
wildeone
BTIB wrote:
wildeone wrote:

They've only been in D-1 for like 8 years...


No, they joined FBS in 1996. Boise joined the WAC in 2001. So, almost twice 8 years....



And since Utah has only been relevant since 1994 or so...... they are about the same....


And BYU has been pretty much irrelevant for about 8 years.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Ok I vote to get this troll of CC, he's nothing but a bitter loser



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
Ok, I'm done with this moron. I haven't used the ignore in a long time, but when it becomes obvious that you're a bandwagon fan who doesn't know $#!t, I no longer need to hear your mouth (or keyboard) vomit. I encourage others to do the same.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.