Archived Topic

Did he just say ESPN was going to carry ALL our home games?

by taekwondave · 9/1/2010

Advertisement
T
taekwondave
Did I hear that right? If so, that is CRAZY. I am having a hard time believing my ears right now.
B
BYUBALLIN
Thats what i heard too. This is gonna be so much fun. I cant wait to get out of the mwc..
B
BerliNY
Holy Schneikes!
B
BYUBALLIN
Love the deal with ND. Cant wait to get that going again. All my peeps back in Chi-town love ND. This is gonna be great talking trash with them again.
B
BTIB
this sounds great!!! the only thing I see in this is that the broadcast station on ESPN is determined by how good we are. If we win a lot, we will get ESPN, but if we lose early in the season, are we going to be on ESPN3 or online, or ESPNU?



this could either be really really good, or really really bad. We won't be able to bail out on ESPN like we did on the Mtn.
Advertisement
K
kjjson
So that is great news, but I attend all of the home games. For the away games, will it depend on the other schools broadcast? Will we have any access to those games? One nice thing about the conference affiliation was every conference road game was still a conference game and therefore on a channel I had.
S
snoscythe
taekwondave wrote:
Did I hear that right? If so, that is CRAZY. I am having a hard time believing my ears right now.


It was later clarified--the "ESPN family of networks" and I might have heard BYUTV mentioned in there as well.



ESPNU blows, and I'm not sure if ESPN3(60) is included in the "family of networks" or not. I'd rather have it on BYUTV than either of those.



The one thing that was crystal clear is that all FB and mens BB games will be available nationally.
C
Cougs_Rule
Any news on the compensation? My guess is its a tiered compensation. As mentioned, if we get bumped to espnu, comp is going to be lower. The key will be if byu retains some broadcast and rebroadcast rights.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
T
taekwondave
Think about RECRUITING.



"Yes sir, yes maam, you will be able to watch your son play football or basketball, EVERY game, no matter WHERE you live in the country. Oh, and little buddy? How would you like to play against Texas and Notre Dame on ESPN? Would you like that? I thought so. Sign here please." 8)
S
snoscythe
dmcougar wrote:
Any news on the compensation? My guess is its a tiered compensation. As mentioned, if we get bumped to espnu, comp is going to be lower. The key will be if byu retains some broadcast and rebroadcast rights.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Not a word on compensation. BYU will have same-day rebroadcast rights for all games carried by ESPN. I imagine they'll hold on to those rebroadcast rights no matter what additional deals they sign.
Advertisement
I
Italics
taekwondave wrote:
Think about RECRUITING.



"Yes sir, yes maam, you will be able to watch your son play football or basketball, EVERY game, no matter WHERE you live in the country. Oh, and little buddy? How would you like to play against Texas and Notre Dame on ESPN? Would you like that? I thought so. Sign here please." 8)


Love it
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.