Archived Topic

Boycott Comcast

by Lawboy · 9/1/2010

Advertisement
L
Lawboy
I think in the end, the MWC schools would have been willing to let BYU have TV rights for football and stay for all sports. I also think that it was the TV partners, and Comcast in particular, that scuttled it all. And I wonder if Comcast is silently happy about it because they can now go low ball with the MWC and still not lose anything $$$ wise, unless one thing happens. CANCEL COMCAST.



The best way to get advertisers and the media to listen to you is to harm them financially. I think if enough people in Utah cancel Comcast, it hurts them. The MWC will probably add USU in hopes of trying to minimize the loss of BYU and Utah, but the Utah market is HUGE for the MTN. Comcast relies on subscriber fees to make the deal work, and ad $$$ for the MTN in particular. If More peopl cancel their Comcast deals, they get less annual revenue to support the MTN and will also get fewer ad $$$.



I was considering getting Comcast and switching from SFCN. I think it will be DirectTV now. And come summer 2011, no need for the MTN at all. I will drop it completely.
A
akammerman
I am looking to cancel regardless because it's just too expensive. I hear so many ads for directTV. SHould I go dishPros, sky satelite, or what? And I want to change to quest for phone and internet. Anyone have any feedback on which products/companies to get? I'm in Kearns, Utah.
R
runbyu1
I sold Dish and Direct and feel Dish is the best for what you get (I have Dish now). In a lot of places, you can get Digis high speed internet for $10---it's not amazing, but it gets the job done. Phone's a crap shoot IMO.
L
Lawboy
**BUMP**



Said it before, say it again, Comcast killed the MWC. With Hair admitting on air in Dallas that Comcast would not even grant BYU rights to re-air its games, tells me that the MWC deal with MTN/Comcast is what is killing the MWC. The University presidents and Hair could not even make decisions for themselves when it mattered most, and had to ask Comcast, a business partner, to make concessions. Comcast would not and here we are. Amazing.



I hate Comcast.
J
jonnylingo
Lawboy wrote:
**BUMP**



Said it before, say it again, Comcast killed the MWC. With Hair admitting on air in Dallas that Comcast would not even grant BYU rights to re-air its games, tells me that the MWC deal with MTN/Comcast is what is killing the MWC. The University presidents and Hair could not even make decisions for themselves when it mattered most, and had to ask Comcast, a business partner, to make concessions. Comcast would not and here we are. Amazing.



I hate Comcast.


That is why first thing hair did when he heard about byu's move to independence was fly out to philadephia to see what he could give us. when he found out the answer was nothing, he did the only thing he could do which was torpedo the wac by adding reno and fsu.
Advertisement
G
Guest
I will never own Comcast again. I've been on DirecTV for the last 5 years and the quality, price, and customer service are all so far superior to Comcast it is not even in the same ball park.
W
Wickchad
hawkwing wrote:
I will never own Comcast again. I've been on DirecTV for the last 5 years and the quality, price, and customer service are all so far superior to Comcast it is not even in the same ball park.


When do the DirecTV pop-up adds start appearing on this site as it sounds like you just inked a sponsorship deal with them...
C
CAFB_04-12
I'm certain that many people will begin to ditch DirecTV and go back to Dish after this year. People will start canceling their cable TV tiers that include the Mtn and it will fold pretty quickly next season. Unless Boise St is able to use its star power to negotiate a regional deal with someone.
C
CougarClaw
mtn and Comcast are all MWaC problems now. have fun with that.
C
CannonCougar85
I think Dish has the better hardware if you're looking at a HD DVR setup. I have really liked Dish except for not having the MTN or NFL Direct Ticket. If Dish had NFL Direct Ticket so I could watch every Colts game then it would be perfect for me.
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
Why boycot Comcast. Are you really upset that they wouldn't give any concessions? I'm glad they played hardball and we're indipendant. I heart Comcast! ;)
G
Guest
CannonCougar85 wrote:
I think Dish has the better hardware if you're looking at a HD DVR setup. I have really liked Dish except for not having the MTN or NFL Direct Ticket. If Dish had NFL Direct Ticket so I could watch every Colts game then it would be perfect for me.


I think that used to be true, but I think DirecTV's current anywhere in the house DVR blows Dish's out of the water. Plus the scheduling online and ability to watch Sunday ticket streaming to phone/laptop is awesome (hopefully they'll extend that to anything you dvr).
G
Guest
Wickchad84087 wrote:
I will never own Comcast again. I've been on DirecTV for the last 5 years and the quality, price, and customer service are all so far superior to Comcast it is not even in the same ball park.


When do the DirecTV pop-up adds start appearing on this site as it sounds like you just inked a sponsorship deal with them...


Popup ads? Come on give me a LITTLE credit. I'd never place a popup ad anywhere. I mean, give me a break, give me a break, break me off a piece of that ...



[This message brought to you by Kit Kat Bar]



http://popsop.ru/wp-content/uploads/kit_kat_logo.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
Call up your tv provider and tell them that you are switching if they don't remove the Mtn channel!
S
Schmoe
hawkwing wrote:
...give me a break, give me a break, break me off a piece of that ...


Apple sauce, err...football cream, no that's not it...Chrysler car, dang it...Fancy Feast! That's it, duh, it's cat food!
Advertisement
G
Guest
Schmoe wrote:
...give me a break, give me a break, break me off a piece of that ...


Apple sauce, err...football cream, no that's not it...Chrysler car, dang it...Fancy Feast! That's it, duh, it's cat food!


Absolutely epic. One of the best bits ever.
I
IowaCougar
Please don't get carried away until after this year! I'm worried DirecTV will pull the plug too soon, and I'll be left with no way to see the games. After this year - full speed ahead.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.