Archived Topic

CougarCorner Football Predictions Game Returns

by snoscythe · 8/30/2010

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
For those who haven't noticed, the Prediction Game for this Fall's football season is up and running:



http://www.cougarcorner.com/predictions.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Get your entries in for this weekend's game, and tell your BYU fanatic friends to get on board.
S
snoscythe
My picks are in, and I have shared the link as my facebook status.
G
Guest
My picks are in, and I too have shared the link on facebook.
W
Wickchad
Is there a group for people on this website? How do I join?
S
snoscythe
Wickchad84087 wrote:
Is there a group for people on this website? How do I join?


Once you navigate to the page, you need to click the "--" that corresponds to your username under the game you want to pick for. Clicking on the "--" should bring up the page for you to make your selections.



As far as groups go, I believe the default group is 'Open.' You can join the CougarCorner group by going to your "user control panel" and editing the prediction group option under the Profile tab.



More instructions here: http://cougarcorner.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=39&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Hope that helps, and happy picking!
Advertisement
G
Guest
snoscythe wrote:
Is there a group for people on this website? How do I join?


Once you navigate to the page, you need to click the "--" that corresponds to your username under the game you want to pick for. Clicking on the "--" should bring up the page for you to make your selections.



As far as groups go, I believe the default group is 'Open.' You can join the CougarCorner group by going to your "user control panel" and editing the prediction group option under the Profile tab.



More instructions here: http://cougarcorner.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=39&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Hope that helps, and happy picking!


I'm pretty sure I reset the default prediction group to be "CougarCorner" you can see what prediction group you are in by looking at the userinfo to the right of a post you've made, it will say "Prediction Group: CougarCorner" or "Prediction Group: Open."



When you're making picks for this first game, only you will show up in your prediction group because the game only shows you and anyone who has a score above -1, otherwise the page would be huge! So, after this first game we'll see 50 or so people in the CougarCorner prediction group.



As Sno said, you can go into your User Control Panel, click on Profile and change the entry in Prediction Group to anything you want. If you want to create a custom group for people you work with for example, then you can do that. The only limitation is that you can only be a member of one group at a time.
R
redneckjedi
Is it normal for me to see only myself in the CougarCorner prediction group?
G
Guest
redneckjedi wrote:
Is it normal for me to see only myself in the CougarCorner prediction group?


Yes, but only until the first game, then everyone who is playing will be listed.
C
cougdoc
For some reason, my username doesn't appear in any of the fb prediction groups. Help?
G
Guest
cougdoc wrote:
For some reason, my username doesn't appear in any of the fb prediction groups. Help?


Look at the very top of the list.
Advertisement
C
cougdoc
I feel like an idiot. My tint was set such that the top line was blacked (blued?) out. Thanks.
G
Guest
don't feel bad, I've been changing things around and every day it has looked a little bit different.
G
Guest
Remember, the prediction game closes 1 hour before kickoff. Your predictions must be entered before that time or they will not be counted.



Click on the Enter Your Predictions link in the Prediction Games box on the right now, or forever hold your peace on the Washington Game!
B
BroncoBot
what a downer of a week on the prediction game.
B
BroncoBot
Man, Nevada might be my worst score of all time. I gambled and lost big time.

2 points. Count em, 2.



I went down in a full on homer blaze of glory though.
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
My internet is down and can't pull page on phone



BYU 35

WYO 13



We run 280 pass 120

They run 100 pass 100



Turnovers even we sack more...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Don't forget to enter your predictions for the Bowl Game.
C
cougdoc
I would like to thank the academy, and my director, and um, my mom ....



Just kidding. I did want to say thanks though to Hawk and others who help with the FB/BB prediction games. It makes each game more interesting, esp. BB, and gives me something to look forward to even during a loss.

'Preciate ya.



And in fairness, I should point out that had either dmcougar or northerncougar had predictions in for every game and predicted at their average, they would have beaten the rest of us.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.