Archived Topic

Press Conference Today?

by westidahocougar · 8/26/2010

Advertisement
W
westidahocougar
I have heard rumors of a press conference today, anyone know if there really is one?
L
Lawboy
westidahocougar wrote:
I have heard rumors of a press conference today, anyone know if there really is one?


Doubt it. If anything happens, it will be tomorrow. BYU BoT meets today, and who knows how long that meeting could last.
S
stuckinbig10country
The announcement will be made today or monday. Even BYU and their horrible PR department knows that Friday is the worst day to make an announcement like this.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
L
Lawboy
stuckinbig10country wrote:
The announcement will be made today or monday. Even BYU and their horrible PR department knows that Friday is the worst day to make an announcement like this.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Actually, Friday is best for bad news. So if BYU stays in the MWC, I bet that gets announced quietly today. But if they leave, I expect a presser with the WCC on Monday.
I
IndiCoug
My 2 cents;

1. If BYU stays in the MWC (no consessions) there will be no announcement/press conference. And honestly why should there be.

2. If MWC has given BYU consessions and BYU is staying look for a press confernece.

3. Big press conference is BYU announces INDI.



If senerio 1 happens I think it means BYU will definetly go Indi in the next year or have started discussion with the BIG12 or have an under the table agreement for conference affiliation.
Advertisement
C
CannonCougar85
I like Dick Harmons tweet about the MWC needing to address 95% of BYU's concerns or its going Indy. Earlier he also tweeted about the MWC having to do backflips to keep BYU in.



I agree with him. I think at this point the MWC has to do something BIG to keep BYU from leaving.
M
Mars


Tweet from the right-hand of the page:



TaloTBS-

"BYU is going Indy...anoucement soon"
G
gmj81
That 'Talo' is a fake FWIW. I doubt that anything he says has any credibility to it.



G tweets but Talo doesn't.
M
Mars
gmj81 wrote:
That 'Talo' is a fake FWIW. I doubt that anything he says has any credibility to it.



G tweets but Talo doesn't.

It seemed real to me, though he does appear to talk about his hair a lot. I just assumed it was his own personal running gag. He also talks about BYU practices.



There are a ton of fake twitter accounts, and many of them probably owned by a single bored BYU hacker. Dan Beebe of the Big XII, Craig Thompson of the MWC, Bronco Mendenhall of BYU. I thought this one was different though. Funny if I'm wrong.
C
CannonCougar85
Greg Wrubell will miss BYU's Thursday post-practice media availability? Doesn't his whole job revolve around being to things like that?

Must be covering something BIGGER going down in BYU athletics... ;)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.