Archived Topic

I don't know where to begin with this:

by snoscythe · 8/26/2010

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Metal Bubba, maybe you can help:



- Do I mock the fact that some ward in North Carolina is eating so much deep fried goodness that they have multiple youths over 250 pounds?



- Do I laugh at the mental picture of a guy herniating a disc performing a baptism with one of said youths?



- Do I get disgusted that this guy even filed this suit?



- Do I laugh at the idea that he asked the officiator if he could stop and the officiator declined and forced him to keep performing ordinances against his will (really dude, you did 200+ baptisms?).



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700060207/Vegas-man-sues-Mormon-church-for-baptism-for-the-dead-injury.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



All I can say is "Wow."
K
kiwibacon
Should this really surprise me anymore?
S
SpiffCoug
I'm trying to figure out where the compulsion to continue was.



Plaintiff: "I'm getting really tired, can I swap out."

Officiator: "No."

Plaintiff: "But my back is starting to hurt. I'm done."

Officiator: "No."

Plaintiff: "Pretty please."

Officiator: "You will continue to do this, until I get tired."

Plaintiff: [Well, I did all I could. There's nothing left I can do. I certainly can't just stop and get out of the basin. That 70-year-old looks tough. I wish there was some way I could just stop! Oh well.] Brother Jones in the name of.....
B
BoiseBYU
This reminds me of a story from eastern Idaho. It seems a Stake there was going to reconfigure ward boundaries and a number of families threatened to sue the cburch because the new ward boundaries would include low income areas and therefore, according to these families, lower the value of their properties...My solution, not so charitable, would have been "I can fix this. How about we excommunicate you so you do not have to be part of a ward with lower property valued homes?"
G
Guest
BoiseBYU wrote:
This reminds me of a story from eastern Idaho. It seems a Stake there was going to reconfigure ward boundaries and a number of families threatened to sue the cburch because the new ward boundaries would include low income areas and therefore, according to these families, lower the value of their properties...My solution, not so charitable, would have been "I can fix this. How about we excommunicate you so you do not have to be part of a ward with lower property valued homes?"


I heard they were going to sue, but couldn't find a Rameumptom tall enough.
Advertisement
K
kiwibacon
BoiseBYU wrote:
This reminds me of a story from eastern Idaho. It seems a Stake there was going to reconfigure ward boundaries and a number of families threatened to sue the cburch because the new ward boundaries would include low income areas and therefore, according to these families, lower the value of their properties...My solution, not so charitable, would have been "I can fix this. How about we excommunicate you so you do not have to be part of a ward with lower property valued homes?"

The OP's story, this story you share here BoiseBYU, Prop8...among other such stories, incidents, and happenings makes me think, "seperate the wheat from the tares"
M
Metal Bubba
Sorry I didn't see this until now, but HOLY FREAKIN' COW! This dude was in my ward here in Winston-Salem. Or at least, I'm about 95% sure he was. I've been in primary for 4 plus years, so I don't get to know many of the transient folks coming in and out for grad school. I believe he and his wife were here for a couple years. His wife I knew because she was in the primary presidency. I can't comment on the guy because I honestly don't know if I could pick him out of a lineup. But his wife seemed like a pretty level-headed woman. Cute as a button too!
B
bigbluepuma
BoiseBYU wrote:
This reminds me of a story from eastern Idaho. It seems a Stake there was going to reconfigure ward boundaries and a number of families threatened to sue the cburch because the new ward boundaries would include low income areas and therefore, according to these families, lower the value of their properties...My solution, not so charitable, would have been "I can fix this. How about we excommunicate you so you do not have to be part of a ward with lower property valued homes?"




Were they moving houses around, or just changing some boundaries??? Exactly how does including low income families, who still live where they always lived, in a ward with other families, who still live where they always lived, have ANY effect on the property values of stationary homes? I'm with you, Boise. Their membership status probably won't have any ffect on their eternal salvation anyway, other than to hopefully wake them up!



These peoply seriously need to read the Book of Mormon for the first time, then maybe try listening to the words of the Prophet, and maybe even to the Savior's teachings. Do you think anything might help? I certainly hope the stake pres. was wise enough to go right ahead with his plans, or maybe add in a few more low income homes. :)
B
BoiseBYU
bigbluepuma wrote:
This reminds me of a story from eastern Idaho. It seems a Stake there was going to reconfigure ward boundaries and a number of families threatened to sue the cburch because the new ward boundaries would include low income areas and therefore, according to these families, lower the value of their properties...My solution, not so charitable, would have been "I can fix this. How about we excommunicate you so you do not have to be part of a ward with lower property valued homes?"




Were they moving houses around, or just changing some boundaries??? Exactly how does including low income families, who still live where they always lived, in a ward with other families, who still live where they always lived, have ANY effect on the property values of stationary homes? I'm with you, Boise. Their membership status probably won't have any ffect on their eternal salvation anyway, other than to hopefully wake them up!



These peoply seriously need to read the Book of Mormon for the first time, then maybe try listening to the words of the Prophet, and maybe even to the Savior's teachings. Do you think anything might help? I certainly hope the stake pres. was wise enough to go right ahead with his plans, or maybe add in a few more low income homes. :)


My memory is that it was a ward boundary redrawing....
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.