Archived Topic

Washington's Defense

by jonnylingo · 8/25/2010

Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
So they return 9 of 11 I think but their secondary still sucks which last year ranked in the bottom 1/3rd of the country in almost every major passing category. They also lost their leading sack leader on their dline.



This bodes well for a good passing game. Our oline should be able to hold their dline and buy time. Time plus a crappy secondary is a good thing for whoever the qb is. I wonder as well if this helps Jake get more playing time in the opener. His ability to throw midrange to deep balls along with our receiving corps could be hard for the huskies to stop, especially if he has time.



I am feeling better and better about this game. I hope that our dline is effective against the huskys' piece of crap oline.
L
Lawboy
Their D-line was actually crappy last year as a unit. They had 1 really good player and the rest stunk, got no pressure, so the secondary got picked apart. I think they improve in the secondary if they an pressure. That always helps. I just hope they really try to pressure us, because I think our O-line is our strength, and we will be able to pick them apart.
J
jonnylingo
Lawboy wrote:
Their D-line was actually crappy last year as a unit. They had 1 really good player and the rest stunk, got no pressure, so the secondary got picked apart. I think they improve in the secondary if they an pressure. That always helps. I just hope they really try to pressure us, because I think our O-line is our strength, and we will be able to pick them apart.


they have a new freshman at safety that is highly touted, but their dline will probably be worse this year than last year. This all makes me feel good. our qb should have quite a bit of time to pick the secondary apart.



I feel much better after reading some reports on their defense.
C
craigoscarson
Chris Polk will play both ways and dominate as a middle linebacker and tailback. He'll throw for 2-3 touchdowns to boot. ;)
J
jonnylingo
craigoscarson wrote:
Chris Polk will play both ways and dominate as a middle linebacker and tailback. He'll throw for 2-3 touchdowns to boot. ;)


This just in: BYU's front seven very nervous to play Chris Polk. They heard he has the UW freshman running back record and are ready to throw in the towel.
Advertisement
I
Italics
according to virtually every magazine i've read, their defense - particularly their secondary - will be lacking.
I
Italics
craigoscarson wrote:
Chris Polk will play both ways and dominate as a middle linebacker and tailback. He'll throw for 2-3 touchdowns to boot. ;)


don't underestimate polk like that... Those are embarrassing numbers - for him.
B
byutx
craigoscarson wrote:
Chris Polk will play both ways and dominate as a middle linebacker and tailback. He'll throw for 2-3 touchdowns to boot. ;)

Didn't you hear? Oregon's J-stew got another year to play, has transferred to UW and "is coming for you"? :lol: :lol:
P
PurpleReign
You guys are obviously reading the wrong magazines 8)
C
CougarPeasant
craigoscarson wrote:
Chris Polk will play both ways and dominate as a middle linebacker and tailback. He'll throw for 2-3 touchdowns to boot. ;)


Don't forget, their waterboy was an HS All-America and can play either free safety or inside linbacker too. ;)
Advertisement
P
PurpleReign
Jake Locker will descend from the clouds, walk across the lake, and defeat BYU all by himself :crazy:
C
CougarPeasant
PurpleReign wrote:
You guys are obviously reading the wrong magazines 8)


All jesting aside, a main reason UW beat USC last season was because of Sarkisian and Holt (sp?) being on the coaching staff. I fear both as they know their bidness. Holt learned at the knee of Carroll how to run a defense. I expect it to be much improved this season.
J
jonnylingo
CougarPeasant wrote:
You guys are obviously reading the wrong magazines 8)


All jesting aside, a main reason UW beat USC last season was because of Sarkisian and Holt (sp?) being on the coaching staff. I fear both as they know their bidness. Holt learned at the knee of Carroll how to run a defense. I expect it to be much improved this season.


that and if i remember ocrrectly their starting qb was out.
U
urroner
PurpleReign wrote:
You guys are obviously reading the wrong magazines 8)


I have been reading these magazines:

Harvard International Review

Scientia Magna

Advances in Theoretical and Applied Mathematics

Journal of Applied Physiology

Princeton Theological Review

Mad

Seventeen



What magazines are you reading?
R
redneckjedi
urroner wrote:
You guys are obviously reading the wrong magazines 8)


I have been reading these magazines:

Harvard International Review

Scientia Magna

Advances in Theoretical and Applied Mathematics

Journal of Applied Physiology

Princeton Theological Review

Mad

Seventeen



What magazines are you reading?


This explains so, so much...
Advertisement
P
PurpleReign
Somebodies a jailbait fan ;)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.