Archived Topic

This Is As Good As ESPN Could Do?

by jonnylingo · 8/25/2010

Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
She looks like she wanted to work for the Washington Post discovering corporate and political scandals and rocking the journalism world right out of college.



Now? She has to work for the "have-not" conference proving herself that she can do any journalism, before making the leap to real journalism.



BOOOORRRRRIIIIINNNGGG.
I
Italics
that was painful to watch.



On the bright side.. I now feel 100x more confident that I could get a job doing this for ESPN.
I
IndiCoug
Bla, Bla, Blaaaa, Riley Neilson bla, Jake Heaps blaa, bla, blaaa, I didn't research anything I'm saying right now and just read an article or two. I have no new information and how could I, I just like to sit here at home and video blog. Opps, I messed up but I won't stop and try to get all the words right, bla, bla, blaaa, blaaaaaa
S
SpiffCoug
If she had called anyone of us on this board, she could have gotten better information.
Advertisement
I
Italics
kitic77 wrote:
If she had called anyone of us on this board, she could have gotten better information.


I actually think she might have been reading the "QB Battle Day 7" thread word for word.
P
ProV1
ESPN idiot wrote:
though sometimes...playing...(cotton mouth)... uh...two...uh...(gulp)...quarterbacks can....


I love unintentional comedy. I am bookmarking her! Can't wait until she breaks down the d-line. How many attempts will she make at pronouncing Eathyn Manumaleuna?
J
jonnylingo
Italics wrote:
If she had called anyone of us on this board, she could have gotten better information.


I actually think she might have been reading the "QB Battle Day 7" thread word for word.


she was definitely reading whatever it was that she was saying.
L
Lawboy
Eh, I give her a pass because:

1) she listed the BYU Qb battle as the top for all non-AQ schools,

2) she is not Graham Watson,

3) she is actually making an effort.



The low quality video is ESPN's fault not hers. By the way, other bloggers for other conferences have done similar things with a similar feel. Miller of the PAC-12 has, Dinich for the ACC, etc. This is not just a non-AQ thing, it is an ESPN thing.



BYU fans are notoriously hard on ESPN bloggers. I think we need to encourage more and hammer less. At least this chick is trying.
I
imuakahuku
IndiCoug wrote:
Bla, Bla, Blaaaa, Riley Neilson bla, Jake Heaps blaa, bla, blaaa, I didn't research anything I'm saying right now and just read an article or two. I have no new information and how could I, I just like to sit here at home and video blog. Opps, I messed up but I won't stop and try to get all the words right, bla, bla, blaaa, blaaaaaa


LOL
Advertisement
P
ProV1
Lawboy wrote:
Eh, I give her a pass because:

1) she listed the BYU Qb battle as the top for all non-AQ schools,

2) she is not Graham Watson,

3) she is actually making an effort.



The low quality video is ESPN's fault not hers. By the way, other bloggers for other conferences have done similar things with a similar feel. Miller of the PAC-12 has, Dinich for the ACC, etc. This is not just a non-AQ thing, it is an ESPN thing.



BYU fans are notoriously hard on ESPN bloggers. I think we need to encourage more and hammer less. At least this chick is trying.

Are those law books in the background? Is that your wife? Way to be supportive!
S
snoscythe
A poor man's Elizabeth Banks,



http://cuzoogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/tn2_elizabeth_banks_4.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



but terrible on camera.....even for a webcam. ESPN should be embarrassed by this bush-league webcast. Even Brett Richins has better production quality.
L
Lawboy
Like I said, Heather Dinich had a similar crap post, as did Ted Miller. At this point, I think ESPN just wants the content, and will tweak it later. But the thing that makes these awkward isthe lack of highlights. ESPN has conditioned us to watch their talking heads in shorts spurts, not for 5 minutes straight with no visuals. So these are strange.
C
CannonCougar85
Lawboy wrote:
But the thing that makes these awkward isthe lack of highlights. ESPN has conditioned us to watch their talking heads in shorts spurts, not for 5 minutes straight with no visuals. So these are strange.


That's what I was thinking. It was awkward just to see her stare at the camera the whole time without highlights. I was expecting them to come but they never did...
M
Metal Bubba
Alright, I'm just gonna say what everyone else is thinking, but only I have the balls to admit:



I'd tap that.



:P
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
A rumorbaoard poster's opinion on the interview.



http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/message.html?id=5831098" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tpl4Cr3-Tm0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tpl4Cr3-Tm0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
R
runbyu1
You know...the sad thing is I felt like I was watching a 12 year old girl read her talk in church.
B
BigCougsFan
The defense is also in a rebuilding mode, after losing six starters including all four linebackers. That is going to be difficult for BYU to replace.


What??? :bug:

She forgot about our boy Jordan Pendelton :munch:

She needs to do a little more research before this crappy video goes viral :skeptic:


...after Washington, which should be much more improved under Jake Locker


How much more improved?


That is the biggest quarterback battle to watch among the non-AQ's.


I call B.S.!!!

More like, the biggest quarterback battle to watch among all of college football.
B
BYULV
PurpleReign wrote:
Better QB analysis:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i83fnTRTCqI





:)


Who is this Jake Locker guy they keep talking about?



... Oh, and is that saliva running down Belotti's chin, I think the guy is actually drooling while talking about J.L.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.