Archived Topic

To airwolf

by wildeone · 8/23/2010

Advertisement
W
wildeone
What brought you back after all this time? You left for YEARS, an all the sudden you show up again? Was it the potential that byu could have a worse season?



PS I don't believe byu will be worse this year, and 10-2 is definitely attainable



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I
Italics
he' s behaved so far, but nothing changes the things he's said in the past. It's not questionable that he's a troll who likes to see byu lose. Anyone who has read his posts knows this, and he has admitted it often.
J
jonnylingo
Why can't we resist giving this guy so much attention.
K
Kbear
It's human nature, like gawking at a car wreck....You just want to see it burst into flames :crazy: 8) ;)
Y
YNot
Guys. Are we even sure that this is the real Airwolf?...but that's beside the point...



My suggestion would be to simply ignore his posts and move on. The point is, he is succeeding in his plan, as the board has been littered with useless conversation about Airwolf's comments. Let's grow up and move on...
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
Helpful hint on ignoring this guy (just did it). go to one of his posts, click on his name (upper right hand corner of post) click on "add foe" and then confirm. All his posts no longer display. If everyone ignored him and quit answering his stupid posts, he will go away. I am guilty as anyone. That is why I ignored him so I won't be tempted to post when he spouts his ridiculous claims of intelectual superiority.
S
SpiffCoug
frdbtr wrote:
Helpful hint on ignoring this guy (just did it). go to one of his posts, click on his name (upper right hand corner of post) click on "add foe" and then confirm. All his posts no longer display. If everyone ignored him and quit answering his stupid posts, he will go away. I am guilty as anyone. That is why I ignored him so I won't be tempted to post when he spouts his ridiculous claims of intelectual superiority.

Done as well. I've really enjoyed Cougar Corner. He doesn't contribute to my enjoyment. Others with whom I've disagreed (BlueIsBetter, Italics, etc.) do.
K
kiwibacon
wildeone wrote:
What brought you back after all this time? You left for YEARS, an all the sudden you show up again? Was it the potential that byu could have a worse season?



PS I don't believe byu will be worse this year, and 10-2 is definitely attainable



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

For wildone and others. I have in the past PM'd and spoken with Airwolf. He will reply to PM's if you send him one...assuming this is the same person as in the past (I believe it to be our one and only Airwolf). If you would like to have that question answered I would suggest sending a PM to the other user.



In general as a reminder to all community members these forums work best and are a wealth of knowledge regarding BYU sports teams when we stay on topic. Yes, it is ok to stray on occasion and it happens. We are good for the most part in getting the discussion to stay in a regular flow as a community. It takes everyone to work together. If there are concerns, questions, regarding questionable behavior or forum etiquette please feel free to PM the member, PM a moderator, or even use the "report" button located on each post. Those reports get looked into in a timely manner and addressed quickly. The ADMIN on this forum has shown too many times that certain behavior, actions, etiquette will not be tolerated. If anyone has fears that there is a decline in the quality of the forums the best thing to do is give feedback to a moderator.



No one that has addressed something to a moderator has been dissatisfied...yet. ;)
I
Italics
YNot wrote:
Guys. Are we even sure that this is the real Airwolf?...but that's beside the point...



My suggestion would be to simply ignore his posts and move on. The point is, he is succeeding in his plan, as the board has been littered with useless conversation about Airwolf's comments. Let's grow up and move on...


good point and good idea.



done and done.
A
Airwolf
wildeone wrote:
What brought you back after all this time? You left for YEARS, an all the sudden you show up again? Was it the potential that byu could have a worse season?

:lol: No, I just enjoy coming in here and attempting to bring some reality to all of those who only see with blue goggles on.



PS I don't believe byu will be worse this year, and 10-2 is definitely attainable



I think they'll go 8-4... you can't lose Hall, Unga and Pitta and not feel the effects. Not only that, they're facing 3 teams in the top 25 and another one (Washington) that is going to be vastly improved from last year with a Heisman trophy candidate at QB being and the Huskies are loaded at WR.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
A
Airwolf
Italics wrote:
he' s behaved so far, but nothing changes the things he's said in the past. It's not questionable that he's a troll who likes to see byu lose. Anyone who has read his posts knows this, and he has admitted it often.

Part of it stems from the fact that the Cougs get 5-6 gimmes each year since they play in the mediocre MWC, which helps inflate their record as if they were some juggernaut. I just like to see the pretenders exposed. I would go as far as to say that if BYU were going to be playing the Indianapolis Colts, that many of you would predict a win by the Cougs and find some way to justify it. That is why I am here... to keep reality in check... it's my job... a calling if you will. ;)
S
scott715
And who gave you that calling? No man taken this honor upon himself lol.
A
Airwolf
kiwibacon wrote:
What brought you back after all this time? You left for YEARS, an all the sudden you show up again? Was it the potential that byu could have a worse season?



PS I don't believe byu will be worse this year, and 10-2 is definitely attainable



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

For wildone and others. I have in the past PM'd and spoken with Airwolf. He will reply to PM's if you send him one...assuming this is the same person as in the past (I believe it to be our one and only Airwolf). If you would like to have that question answered I would suggest sending a PM to the other user.



Yes, I am the one and the same original Airwolf84 from Cougarblue, no need to second guess. I will always reply to PM's... love the communication with other board members.



In general as a reminder to all community members these forums work best and are a wealth of knowledge regarding BYU sports teams when we stay on topic. Yes, it is ok to stray on occasion and it happens. We are good for the most part in getting the discussion to stay in a regular flow as a community. It takes everyone to work together. If there are concerns, questions, regarding questionable behavior or forum etiquette please feel free to PM the member, PM a moderator, or even use the "report" button located on each post. Those reports get looked into in a timely manner and addressed quickly. The ADMIN on this forum has shown too many times that certain behavior, actions, etiquette will not be tolerated. If anyone has fears that there is a decline in the quality of the forums the best thing to do is give feedback to a moderator.



No one that has addressed something to a moderator has been dissatisfied...yet. ;)


It's funny... I am not at liberty to express my opinions and comments freely without retribution and scorn (and sometimes even banishment) since they aren't all pro-BYU, but it's OK for other forum members to say anything to me, be rude, impolite, mean, nasty, etc. without consequence since they wear blue goggles.
A
Airwolf
scott715 wrote:
And who gave you that calling?



My Bishop did. ;)



No man taken this honor upon himself lol.



Except me of course. ;)
K
kiwibacon
Airwolf wrote:
wildeone wrote:
What brought you back after all this time? You left for YEARS, an all the sudden you show up again? Was it the potential that byu could have a worse season?



PS I don't believe byu will be worse this year, and 10-2 is definitely attainable



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

For wildone and others. I have in the past PM'd and spoken with Airwolf. He will reply to PM's if you send him one...assuming this is the same person as in the past (I believe it to be our one and only Airwolf). If you would like to have that question answered I would suggest sending a PM to the other user.



Yes, I am the one and the same original Airwolf84 from Cougarblue, no need to second guess. I will always reply to PM's... love the communication with other board members.



In general as a reminder to all community members these forums work best and are a wealth of knowledge regarding BYU sports teams when we stay on topic. Yes, it is ok to stray on occasion and it happens. We are good for the most part in getting the discussion to stay in a regular flow as a community. It takes everyone to work together. If there are concerns, questions, regarding questionable behavior or forum etiquette please feel free to PM the member, PM a moderator, or even use the "report" button located on each post. Those reports get looked into in a timely manner and addressed quickly. The ADMIN on this forum has shown too many times that certain behavior, actions, etiquette will not be tolerated. If anyone has fears that there is a decline in the quality of the forums the best thing to do is give feedback to a moderator.



No one that has addressed something to a moderator has been dissatisfied...yet. ;)


It's funny... I am not at liberty to express my opinions and comments freely without retribution and scorn (and sometimes even banishment) since they aren't all pro-BYU,

There are many that post here that are "anti-BYU" or don't have blue goggles that have never had threat of banishment. Maybe there is something to learn from them. How are others able to "express their opinions and comment freely without retribution and scorn without being pro-BYU?" to use your words. Others have figured it out.
Airwolf wrote:
but it's OK for other forum members to say anything to me, be rude, impolite, mean, nasty, etc. without consequence since they wear blue goggles.


Please PM me or post a link if someone has done what you accused them of doing.
Advertisement
I
Italics
Airwolf wrote:
What brought you back after all this time? You left for YEARS, an all the sudden you show up again? Was it the potential that byu could have a worse season?

:lol: No, I just enjoy coming in here and attempting to bring some reality to all of those who only see with blue goggles on.



PS I don't believe byu will be worse this year, and 10-2 is definitely attainable



I think they'll go 8-4... you can't lose Hall, Unga and Pitta and not feel the effects. Not only that, they're facing 3 teams in the top 25 and another one (Washington) that is going to be vastly improved from last year with a Heisman trophy candidate at QB being and the Huskies are loaded at WR.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


It'd be easier to believe you if you didn't "conveniently" disappear after every BYU victory. Instead, you just so happen to show up in full force after BYU loses a game so that you can tell everyone "told you so."
F
Florwood
So far so good. 8-4 is a reasonable expectation, given the reasons you state. A fan can dream though...
A
Airwolf
Italics wrote:
wildeone wrote:
What brought you back after all this time? You left for YEARS, an all the sudden you show up again? Was it the potential that byu could have a worse season?

:lol: No, I just enjoy coming in here and attempting to bring some reality to all of those who only see with blue goggles on.



PS I don't believe byu will be worse this year, and 10-2 is definitely attainable



I think they'll go 8-4... you can't lose Hall, Unga and Pitta and not feel the effects. Not only that, they're facing 3 teams in the top 25 and another one (Washington) that is going to be vastly improved from last year with a Heisman trophy candidate at QB being and the Huskies are loaded at WR.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


It'd be easier to believe you if you didn't "conveniently" disappear after every BYU victory. Instead, you just so happen to show up in full force after BYU loses a game so that you can tell everyone "told you so."

That's not totally true... on occasion, I'd come on and take my medicine, but sometimes, I had more important matters to attend to and didn't bother coming on here to take my lumps or enjoy a nice prediction.
T
tmoney35
Airwolf wrote:
Part of it stems from the fact that the Cougs get 5-6 gimmes each year since they play in the mediocre MWC, which helps inflate their record as if they were some juggernaut. I just like to see the pretenders exposed.


I haven't been a frequenter of BYU online forums long enough to be familiar with you, but this particular quote deserves some attention.



There are some 50 or 60 schools in non BCS conferences that all have just as many, if not more gimmes each year because of weak conferences. Not to mention that we regularly play tougher nonconference schedules than the vast majority of other non BCS teams. So, why then aren't there 20 or 30 teams that are winning 10 games regularly instead of 2 or 3? I mean, if everyone is just playing a bunch of patsies to inflate their records, then everyone should be winning tons of games every year, right? ...or maybe it's because we really are better than 90-100 of the 117 D-I schools year in and year out.



Just a thought. Sorry if I'm just adding fuel to the fire
A
Airwolf
tmoney35 wrote:
Part of it stems from the fact that the Cougs get 5-6 gimmes each year since they play in the mediocre MWC, which helps inflate their record as if they were some juggernaut. I just like to see the pretenders exposed.


I haven't been a frequenter of BYU online forums long enough to be familiar with you, but this particular quote deserves some attention.



There are some 50 or 60 schools in non BCS conferences that all have just as many, if not more gimmes each year because of weak conferences. Not to mention that we regularly play tougher nonconference schedules than the vast majority of other non BCS teams. So, why then aren't there 20 or 30 teams that are winning 10 games regularly instead of 2 or 3? I mean, if everyone is just playing a bunch of patsies to inflate their records, then everyone should be winning tons of games every year, right? ...or maybe it's because we really are better than 90-100 of the 117 D-I schools year in and year out.



Just a thought. Sorry if I'm just adding fuel to the fire

I see where you are coming from. But here's where I beg to differ... how many of the top tier conferences in the nation have 6 dog teams that can combine for (traditionally speaking) an average national ranking of 93? That is where AFA, Wyoming, UNLV, SDSU, CSU and UNM were at the end of last season and usually are year in and year out. Of note: UNLV finished #93 in the nation last season. It's like playing UNLV 6 times a year... your W-L record is gonna get padded. :blush:
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.