Archived Topic

Preseason AP Poll Top 25 Out

by Mars · 8/21/2010

Advertisement
R
Raiderboy
I know BYU lost a lot, but they've finished in the top 25 for 4 straight years. Not being in the 20-25 range is a slap in the face. Boise and TCU are ranked right. Utah deserves to be ranked as well.
S
SpiffCoug
with all the question marks around BYU, it shouldn't be surprising we're not ranked. And given our daunting early season schedule, we'll either validate our not being ranked or quickly become ranked.
D
Ddawg
kitic77 wrote:
with all the question marks around BYU, it shouldn't be surprising we're not ranked. And given our daunting early season schedule, we'll either validate our not being ranked or quickly become ranked.


+1 Bingo!!
U
urroner
As usual, kitic is right. When I grow up, I want to be just like kitic.
Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
urroner wrote:
As usual, kitic is right. When I grow up, I want to be just like kitic.

And when I grow up, I want to be just like urroner--but I'll probably never grow up.
U
urroner
vancouvercougar wrote:
As usual, kitic is right. When I grow up, I want to be just like kitic.

And when I grow up, I want to be just like urroner--but I'll probably never grow up.


Count your blessings!!!
L
Lawboy
#34 is about right. If we win the first 4, we will be near top 10, so it will all sort itself out on the field of play. Just win and it takes care of itself.
R
Raiderboy
I agree with Kitic too. BYU is about where I thought they'd be. I just don't agree with them actually being there. They've demonstrated that they are a top 25 program, even in rebuilding years.



BYU deserves to be there until they get kicked out. Teams like Oregon State don't deserve to be there until they earn it.



I understand it's a new year, and a new team, and the amount of returning starters and key losses have to factor into it. I just think BYU dropping 20 spots while Oregon State moves up 20 is a little extreme, and silly.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
The problem is the BCS vs Non-BCS bias. If we were in one of the big six and had been top-25 for four years straight we could lose the entire line, qb, four rbs, eight wrs, six tes, our entire starting d, all of them all-americans, the coach, the trainer, and the waterboy and still be ranked in the top 20.
B
BigCougsFan
I was fine with our ranking, and thought that's where we should be BUT then I noticed Notre Dame is ranked two spots above us. Could they be on a higher pedestal???
C
CAFB_04-12
Now I'm no Boise St. fan, but seeing them ranked so high to start the season gives me a bit of excitement. If they win out there is only one place to go. We'll see if the BCS numbers keep up with the polls.
A
Airwolf
Raiderboy wrote:
I know BYU lost a lot, but they've finished in the top 25 for 4 straight years. Not being in the 20-25 range is a slap in the face. Boise and TCU are ranked right. Utah deserves to be ranked as well.

BYU lost their top playmakers on offense and it's a slap in the face they're not in the top 25? Right now, BYU has (in my book) 4 guaranteed losses... Washington, FSU, TCU and Utah. That's, at best, an 8-4 season, which would be pretty darn good considering what they lost from last year and #34 would be about right.
G
GolfDiveNCougs
Airwolf wrote:
I know BYU lost a lot, but they've finished in the top 25 for 4 straight years. Not being in the 20-25 range is a slap in the face. Boise and TCU are ranked right. Utah deserves to be ranked as well.

BYU lost their top playmakers on offense and it's a slap in the face they're not in the top 25? Right now, BYU has (in my book) 4 guaranteed losses... Washington, FSU, TCU and Utah. That's, at best, an 8-4 season, which would be pretty darn good considering what they lost from last year and #34 would be about right.

Wait, is that the same four losses (or more) you guaranteed the last four years in a row?

How'd that one work out for you, Nostradamus?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



I don't care how annoyed people get about your howling at the moon, I can't help but crack up at the absurdity of it all!
Advertisement
G
Guest
GolfDiveNCougs wrote:
Raiderboy wrote:
I know BYU lost a lot, but they've finished in the top 25 for 4 straight years. Not being in the 20-25 range is a slap in the face. Boise and TCU are ranked right. Utah deserves to be ranked as well.

BYU lost their top playmakers on offense and it's a slap in the face they're not in the top 25? Right now, BYU has (in my book) 4 guaranteed losses... Washington, FSU, TCU and Utah. That's, at best, an 8-4 season, which would be pretty darn good considering what they lost from last year and #34 would be about right.

Wait, is that the same four losses (or more) you guaranteed the last four years in a row?

How'd that one work out for you, Nostradamus?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



I don't care how annoyed people get about your howling at the moon, I can't help but crack up at the absurdity of it all!


It is pretty funny that 4 guaranteed loses is an Airwolf tradition. He hasn't been right in 5 years. Lets keep the streak alive.
G
GolfDiveNCougs
Hey, at least he's making baby steps to reality. I think I gave him a bit too much credit, saying he only guaranteed 4 losses the last time we had to replace our quarterback, two best TE's, and BYU-rushing-record owning tailback. Before the '07 season, didn't he guarantee a losing record???



:lol: :lol: :lol:



Maybe we should be taking his ONLY 4 losses guarantee as a compliment!
S
scott715
Hey Airwolf is back. Had not seen him since we beat Oklahoma. Pessimism is back in fashion.
A
Airwolf
GolfDiveNCougs wrote:
Raiderboy wrote:
I know BYU lost a lot, but they've finished in the top 25 for 4 straight years. Not being in the 20-25 range is a slap in the face. Boise and TCU are ranked right. Utah deserves to be ranked as well.

BYU lost their top playmakers on offense and it's a slap in the face they're not in the top 25? Right now, BYU has (in my book) 4 guaranteed losses... Washington, FSU, TCU and Utah. That's, at best, an 8-4 season, which would be pretty darn good considering what they lost from last year and #34 would be about right.

Wait, is that the same four losses (or more) you guaranteed the last four years in a row?

How'd that one work out for you, Nostradamus?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



Are you saying you honestly saw BYU beating Oklahoma? :lol: That freak injury to Bradford was the only reason BYU didn't lose 3 games and yep... a 4 loss prediction would have been WAY OFF huh, especially when Utah, with a rookie QB, took 'em into OT at LES? :lol:



I don't care how annoyed people get about your howling at the moon, I can't help but crack up at the absurdity of it all!



I'm predicting BYU to lose to 3 teams who are ranked higher than they are in the pre-season top 25 and to one with a Heisman trophy contender that is loaded at receiver and who will be drastically improved from last year (Washington) and that is absurd? You might want to check out the definition of the word... last time I checked, bias and blue blinders weren't part of it.
A
Airwolf
GolfDiveNCougs wrote:
Hey, at least he's making baby steps to reality. I think I gave him a bit too much credit, saying he only guaranteed 4 losses the last time we had to replace our quarterback, two best TE's, and BYU-rushing-record owning tailback. Before the '07 season, didn't he guarantee a losing record???



:lol: :lol: :lol:



Maybe we should be taking his ONLY 4 losses guarantee as a compliment!

How is an 8-4 prediction a slap in the face for this season??? Considering all that has transpired and what BYU lost in the off-season, that would be quite an accomplishment.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.