Archived Topic

Independence talk 1 year too early

by blue42 · 8/21/2010

Advertisement
B
blue42
Don't get me wrong I am on the independence bandwagon, even though in threads earlier this summer I was against it, I have changed my mind on the matter. I am not thrilled with the talk happening this summer and would have liked it to be next summer instead purely for selfish reasons.



My reasoning is I was looking forward to have the entire MWC conference absolutely hate the frutes and each team wanting to rip their heads off and piss down the hole because of leaving to the pac of crap. Now with this indepencence talk BYU has completely taken all the heat off the frutes and all the hate has turned back on BYU. Even if they stay in the MWC, the other teams will still put BYU first as the team they hate and want to beat because now the rest of the league will say BYU thinks they are too good for them, and then Utah will sneak off the the pac of crap before anybody notices.
S
Schmoe
I would have liked us to see what the BCS decision was before we started all the talk, but it looks like it may pay big dividends and we may still end up being a BCS conference, so I guess I can't be too upset about it.
C
Cougarbib
In this world, you cna choose to Act or be acted upon. BYU chose to act and it has made other tings happen. The MWC, after being acted upon, acted upon the WAC, who remains acted upon and scrambling for ansers. BYU is no worse off and had several interesting alternaitves even though they got outsmarted on the WAC partnership.



Too much worry about BYU strength of schedle keeps occuring within the fan boards. I am still ticked that BYU played Oklahoma on a (un)neutral field even thoug it worke dout. I am annoyed that BYU woudl give Texas 2 at thier place ofr 1 in Provo. All of that likley leads to a few more losses which keps us from ever getin got a BCS Bowl. Luckily Utah won't see another one any time soon, But TCU and BSU will.



BYU needs to dominate the schedule they have before they worry too much about upgrading it. BSU, Utah, TCU, and Hawaii found the recipe. It is simple. Go undefeated.



Bib
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.