M
MTMWhat is this all about?
Money?
Exposure?
BCS?
Control?
All of the above? In what order?
What do you think the primary impetus is?
Money?
Exposure?
BCS?
Control?
All of the above? In what order?
What do you think the primary impetus is?
by MTM · 8/20/2010
Schmoe wrote:
This move was about exposure and money, which we'd get if we had the broadcast rights to our home games (both football and basketball).
MTM wrote:
BSU is on ESPN 6 times this year. Two games on ESPN and 4 games on ESPN2.
Anyone know what kind of $$ they get for that? Financially does BSU to the MWC makes sense if they are walking from what I assume is a similar deal to what BYU is hoping to get from ESPN?
MTM wrote:
BSU is on ESPN 6 times this year. Two games on ESPN and 4 games on ESPN2.
Anyone know what kind of $$ they get for that? Financially does BSU to the MWC makes sense if they are walking from what I assume is a similar deal to what BYU is hoping to get from ESPN?
Mingjai wrote:
I'm guessing BSU is walking away from $2-3 million from ESPN to about $1.5 million from the MWC's broadcast partners. But someone else here probably knows better.
Mars wrote:I'm guessing BSU is walking away from $2-3 million from ESPN to about $1.5 million from the MWC's broadcast partners. But someone else here probably knows better.
Boise makes $600,000 a year from ESPN through the WAC's TV contract, plus an extra $100K I believe for each Sunday-Wednesday home football game.
Mingjai wrote:Mingjai wrote:
I'm guessing BSU is walking away from $2-3 million from ESPN to about $1.5 million from the MWC's broadcast partners. But someone else here probably knows better.
Boise makes $600,000 a year from ESPN through the WAC's TV contract, plus an extra $100K I believe for each Sunday-Wednesday home football game.
Wow! No wonder BSU was so desperate to join. And ESPN is apparently willing to give more per BYU game than it was giving BSU per year. Not too shabby.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Mingjai wrote:
Wow! No wonder BSU was so desperate to join. And ESPN is apparently willing to give more per BYU game than it was giving BSU per year. Not too shabby.
Mars wrote:I'm guessing BSU is walking away from $2-3 million from ESPN to about $1.5 million from the MWC's broadcast partners. But someone else here probably knows better.
Boise makes $600,000 a year from ESPN through the WAC's TV contract, plus an extra $100K I believe for each Sunday-Wednesday home football game.
Mars wrote:I'm guessing BSU is walking away from $2-3 million from ESPN to about $1.5 million from the MWC's broadcast partners. But someone else here probably knows better.
Boise makes $600,000 a year from ESPN through the WAC's TV contract, plus an extra $100K I believe for each Sunday-Wednesday home football game.
MTM wrote:Mingjai wrote:
I'm guessing BSU is walking away from $2-3 million from ESPN to about $1.5 million from the MWC's broadcast partners. But someone else here probably knows better.
Boise makes $600,000 a year from ESPN through the WAC's TV contract, plus an extra $100K I believe for each Sunday-Wednesday home football game.
Holy crap. And it that an equal share or do they get the Texas treament?
MTM wrote:
What is this all about?
Money?
Exposure?
BCS?
Control?
All of the above? In what order?
What do you think the primary impetus is?
QuarterbackU wrote:What is this all about?
Money?
Exposure?
BCS?
Control?
All of the above? In what order?
What do you think the primary impetus is?
Bringing to pass the immortality and eternal life of man...Exposure I mean. In my opinion that's what BYU cares about and that's what the Quorum of the 12 will look at before approving. Independence makes sense if you consider it in this context. Regardless of what negatives there are BYU really should go independent, even if our schedule is weaker, the BCS money is more difficult to obtain, big programs refuse to play us, etc...