Archived Topic

Let's not get too reactionary, folks-yet

by byutx · 8/20/2010

Advertisement
B
byutx
Amidst all this chaos (I don't recall a crazier week in BYU/MWC history in the modern electronic age), let's not forget that we don't have all the facts. Let's suspend judgment until we know what happens. Just realize: nothing is decided yet and the things on the table can change, grow or be taken off completely. For example, we can't write off a deal with C-USA and the MWC as being stupid, as there are scenarios under which it could be a good thing for all parties (a scenario involving BYU FB independence, for example).



Let's be reasonable, stay cool and leave all the suicides to cougarboard.



We (not the MWC but BYU) are in great, capable hands and will be fine.
T
tmoney35
wise words.



There are a whole lot of "It's official" threads out there when really not much is actually "official".



I just read a quote by Holmoe at education week that he gave before he opened up to questions: "Obviously, there's a lot of things going on right now in the athletic department and around the country. As you can tell, it's our policy or procedure that we're not going to play out our business in the media. We don't do that..." and basically went on to ask everyone not to ask him what's going on because he won't tell them.



He also said, "We have some incredible options available to us because of BYU Broadcasting and the friends that we have across the country"



I'm really excited to see how this all plays out, but I think people are getting pretty riled up about things that may not even happen.
A
ABYUFAN
I put the "jerk" in "knee jerk" ;)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.