Archived Topic

BYU and WAC details leaking

by Lawboy · 8/20/2010

Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Apparently things got as far as mock schedule. BYU would play 6 WAC teams. 4 at home, 2 away, including 1 at Hawaii in 2011.

They were:



• BYU at Fresno State;

• BYU at Hawaii;

• Utah State at BYU;

• Nevada at BYU;

• San Jose State at BYU;

• New Mexico State at BYU.



What a crap home schedule, to be honest. I guess BSU would be on it, maybe Utah. But those other 3 WAC games are trash. USU is ok, in state game, Friday before Conference, so I approve. Get 1 more by playing at Hawaii, though.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5479730" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
G
Guest
evidence that independence doesn't necessarily lead to a sexier schedule than the one we have this year.
I
imuakahuku
Except that four of the games are @BYU. I also notice the @Hawaii game. Meaning an extra game possibly to schedule at home.
I
Italics
imuakahuku wrote:
Except that four of the games are @BYU.


And that we don't know what the other 6-7 games would be. That's plenty of room to make our schedule much better than it is in the MWC.



(Actually, we know that we'd be playing Boise State and Texas...)
S
SpiffCoug
And Oregon St
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
I was talking home schedule. Texas and Oregon State are roadies. Boise State at home is solid, but USU, Nevada(2nd year in a row), NMSU and SJSU would not be. With a Hawaii game, would get an extra home game, and both better be good. Because 4 of those 5 were crap like this year is. If Utah happens at LES, that helps, but still would need 1 more good game. 7 home games would be nice, though. I hope to see more of that in the future.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.