Archived Topic

From a Longhorn

by hookemhorns · 8/20/2010

Advertisement
H
hookemhorns
Hello! Just wanted to say looking forward to seeing you guys down in Austin next year and I think it's really cool the Horns will be making a visit to Provo.I've heard the rumors for some time now in Austin and glad to see it become a reality. Good luck with independence as well!



Heard your stadium was beautiful and cannot wait to see it. Well anyway, good luck this upcoming season and hope that Texas and BYU will schedule each other more often.



Hook em'

Steven
U
Ungoy
I'm excited about the upcoming series with Texas as well. Those are going to be awesome games to watch. I hope these games continue into the future as well. I would love it if BYU could join Texas in the Big 12 sometime in the future.
S
SpiffCoug
Hopefullt we're as welcoming as we were 25 years ago when you came to Provo the last time!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
A
ABYUFAN
I think that the only reason that UT scheduled 3 games with us is that they'll need to win that many to take the lead in our series... Hopefully we can extend that lead rather than giving it up
S
Schmoe
I'm super excited for Texas to come to town! After being a BYU fan, I'm a Horns fan and this will be my first opportunity to see them play in person! (the Horns, not BYU, I've seen BYU plenty of times in person...)
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
This is a great deal for BYU. First, it demonstrates that big teams are willing to play BYU in Provo.



Second, it demonstrates that Texas is one of those 5 teams that Holmoe would play 2 for 1 with.
C
CougarClaw
welcome to the board. I'm curious if our Horns fan has any thoughts on the recent conference re-alignment with the WAC and the MWC> What are they saying (if anything) in Texas about it?
H
hookemhorns
Hi, regarding the MWC and WAC, honestly, I haven't heard a thing about it down here. Heck, I don't even know the full story and I believe most of us Horn fans really haven't given it a second thought. Bottom line is we're just worried about breaking in our new QB (Garrett Gilbert) and growing depth along the defensive line.



Man, why do some of ya'll have to mention those 80's Longhorns teams? I would like to believe that never happened. ; )



Hey, also looking to see how Ross does for you guys at WR. I've seen him play in high school and he was very good.



Hook em'

Steven
R
redneckjedi
I'm REALLY excited for this series extension! Normally, the closest BYU ever comes to me is Fort Worth, and last time that wasn't such a fun trip... This year, for my birthday my wife gave me a promise that we're going to the 2011 game. :) Wait till she finds out there's another one in 2014! :D



The realignment story got has had a little play on 1300 AM (like, they mentioned it and talked about it for 30 seconds or so once), but besides that there's nothing. Thank goodness for CougarCorner to keep guys like me filled in!
I
imuakahuku
hopefully they will be conference games by then!
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
hookemhorns wrote:
Hello! Just wanted to say looking forward to seeing you guys down in Austin next year and I think it's really cool the Horns will be making a visit to Provo.I've heard the rumors for some time now in Austin and glad to see it become a reality. Good luck with independence as well!



Heard your stadium was beautiful and cannot wait to see it. Well anyway, good luck this upcoming season and hope that Texas and BYU will schedule each other more often.



Hook em'

Steven


I look forward to coming. I will be there for that game with my brothers and we are pumped. I lived in Dallas as a kid and used to watch the Horns every Saturday during the late 70's Went to the UT-OU game back in 1995 as well--the kiss your sister game. Saw UT play SMU in Dallas one year as well as Texas Stadium. Should be a fun trip.
B
BYUgrad03
hookemhorns wrote:
Hi, regarding the MWC and WAC, honestly, I haven't heard a thing about it down here. Heck, I don't even know the full story and I believe most of us Horn fans really haven't given it a second thought. Bottom line is we're just worried about breaking in our new QB (Garrett Gilbert) and growing depth along the defensive line.



Man, why do some of ya'll have to mention those 80's Longhorns teams? I would like to believe that never happened. ; )



Hey, also looking to see how Ross does for you guys at WR. I've seen him play in high school and he was very good.



Hook em'

Steven


Heard you guys just landed a big time recruit in Malcolm Brown. Congrats. I suspect he'll be your RB when the Horns make it to Provo. The kid's a beast from what I saw on his youtube video.
S
superchargedcougar
hey hookem, i can tell you're a nice guy and we like to bring up the 80's because that's when our only national championship was. Just ignore the people that try to rub old games in your face and bring all to the table when we play you. Every game is a new game and the old ones don't matter when you're playing. Good to see that there are nice people down in Texas. I gotta say i was impressed with Gilbert in the championship game. He seemed to be at least as good as McCoy in that game and had he been playing any other game that year i think you guys would've won (except for that insane Nebraska game.)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.