Archived Topic

AQ Rumor/News MWC/Conf USA Hookup

by scott715 · 8/20/2010

Advertisement
S
scott715
Late Thursday night, a source close to the situation said that representatives from the Mountain West and another league -- believed to be Conference USA -- met in Colorado to discuss a plan to match the two conferences' champions in a title game, with the winner gaining an automatic BCS berth.



"You're on the right track," said the source. "The lawyers have told them [the BCS] that it's time to give someone else a chance."

http://www.minerrush.com/2010/8/19/1632890/update-conference-usa-mountain



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700058664/Are-Mountain-West-and-Conference-USA-talking-about-merged-title-game.html



http://www.minerrush.com/2010/8/19/1632301/conference-mwc-usa-rumors-of-the
T
tripwire
I don't buy it. C-USA already has a title game. That would mean this supposed C-USA/MWC title game would be the 14th game played by the C-USA team. Then the BCS bowl is the 15th.
B
bplewe
15th game once every 20 years. :-)
S
scott715
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogs/byusports/50142929-65/conference-mwc-byu-bcs.html.csp



Jay Drew

{quote]I just spoke to MWC Associate Commissioner for Communications, Javan Hedlund.

He said he knows nothing about the alleged meeting between conference officials, and planned on asking commissioner Craig Thompson about it within the hour.

" I don't know anything about it at all. I can neither deny it or confirm it. That's the first I have heard of it," Hedlund said. "There are a lot of rumors flying around out there across the board."[/quote]
S
SpiffCoug
That kind of deal is a loser one for the MWC. How many BCS bowls have CUSA earned? We've got three from the MWC (Boise 2, TCU). We already know that our league champion has a defacto automatic bid because we're the strongest non-AQ team. Why would we risk that to play a CUSA team?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.