Archived Topic

What did Lou Holtz say.

by Ygridiron4ever · 8/19/2010

Advertisement
Y
Ygridiron4ever
I was having lunch in lovely El Paso when ESPN aired "college football". The lead story was UNR and Fresno going to the MWC. Then they did a piece on BYU's chances of making it "Indy". They interviewed Lou. The volume was off and I was going crazy trying to read his lips. Did anybody hear it?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
gmj81
He basically said that BYU is not ND though they are similar in many ways. Then reiterated that scheduling could be tough because everyone wants to play ND but no one wants to play BYU.
G
Guest
"Spit spit, drooooooool. Gurggle gurgle."
S
Schmoe
When you're an overrated, overhyped, and easily beatable football team, everyone wants to play you. When you're underestimated, underrated, but everyone knows that you're tough as hell to beat, no one wants to play you. Makes sense.
J
JVip
hawkwing wrote:
"Spit spit, drooooooool. Gurggle gurgle."

HA! :lol:
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
gmj81 wrote:
He basically said that BYU is not ND though they are similar in many ways. Then reiterated that scheduling could be tough because everyone wants to play ND but no one wants to play BYU.




I get it. I Lou Holtz' world, the ONLY REASON all these other teams have been playing us for these so many years is because they HAVE TO... Oh, I never realized that the reason other schools raised their single game ticket proces when BYU plays them is because the HAD TO :bug: :roll: :whistle:
C
CougarClaw
I actually heard what Lou said.



It was that he respected the independent decision but that it really keyed up BYU for a BCS invite in two years. He said that he fully expected BYU to be a member of either the Pac-12 or the Big 12/10 in two years time.



It was a vote of confidence but the fact that he mentioned the Pac-12 to me means he doesn't understand our situation at all.
Y
Ygridiron4ever
CougarClaw wrote:
I actually heard what Lou said.



It was that he respected the independent decision but that it really keyed up BYU for a BCS invite in two years. He said that he fully expected BYU to be a member of either the Pac-12 or the Big 12/10 in two years time.



It was a vote of confidence but the fact that he mentioned the Pac-12 to me means he doesn't understand our situation at all.


Thanks. I hope they replay the piece so I can catch it later



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CannonCougar85
I wonder what Holtz just said every time he opens his mouth actually.
Y
Y 4 Ever
CougarClaw wrote:
I actually heard what Lou said.



It was that he respected the independent decision but that it really keyed up BYU for a BCS invite in two years. He said that he fully expected BYU to be a member of either the Pac-12 or the Big 12/10 in two years time.



It was a vote of confidence but the fact that he mentioned the Pac-12 to me means he doesn't understand our situation at all.


That's nothing. You should listen to this podcast of Beano Cook and Ivan Maisel talking about how they were SHOCKED that the Pac-nada took Utah and CU instead of Utah and BYU. The national media doesn't pay attention to anything west of Texas. And this proves it. Take a listen. Anyone with half a brain knew that the Pac and BYU just weren't going to hook up, no matter how much the pac had to drink and/or how special BYU's spirit is.



http://espn.go.com/college-football/ go halfway down, in the middle, under "Media". Its the first one. I like Beano, but he's got his head so far up Notre Dame and the Big T1E2N's @$$es he doesn't know which way is up any more.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.