Archived Topic

I am so confident that BYU will NOT go Independent that ...

by hawkwing · 8/19/2010

Advertisement
G
Guest
I am so sure that BYU will not be going independent that if they do announce they are going independent in the next week I will give free CougarCorner memberships to you and everyone of your family members for the next 5 years.

:lol:
S
scott715
Do I need a credit card to sign up?
M
MTM
I've been playing golf all afternoon but when I left it was a "done deal".



In 100 words or less what have I missed in the last 4 hours?
C
Cougarfan87
MTM wrote:
I've been playing golf all afternoon but when I left it was a "done deal".



In 100 words or less what have I missed in the last 4 hours?


MWC went on raiding party of WAC taking Fresno State and Nevada. Hence, essentially no WAC for BYU's other sports to go to go to unless the WAC can get someone else of substance to join--a la Houston and SMU/UTEP.
K
kiwibacon
MTM wrote:
I've been playing golf all afternoon but when I left it was a "done deal".



In 100 words or less what have I missed in the last 4 hours?


Poo hitting fans...



-BYU is rumored to go independent in FB and WAC in other sports

-MWC offers FSU and UNR

-FSU and UNR are rumored to accept invites





-NOTHING IS OFFICIAL YET NO MATTER WHAT IS RUMORED
Advertisement
M
MTM
Oh crap.



Maybe Hair isn't as dumb as I thought.
W
wildeone
Nevada and Fresno State have been invited to the MWC and both have accepted.

Basically the MWC is cutting out BYU's fallback for non-football sports
C
Cougarfan87
Oh, and indy deal looks like ESPN would give BYU $4M a year to broadcast four games, BYU would have rebroadcast rights and could broadcast the other games on its own network. Deal would require BYU to play four WAC teams.
B
BYUROCKS
kiwibacon wrote:
I've been playing golf all afternoon but when I left it was a "done deal".



In 100 words or less what have I missed in the last 4 hours?


Poo hitting fans...



-BYU is rumored to go independent in FB and WAC in other sports

-MWC offers FSU and UNR

-FSU and UNR are rumored to accept invites





-NOTHING IS OFFICIAL YET NO MATTER WHAT IS RUMORED




Big prob is that FSU, and Nav, need to come up with 5 million greens, to leave the WAC.



Also it does not really matter, hopelly we will be invited to join the Big XII -2, so they can get a Champ Game.
B
blue42
hawkwing wrote:
I am so sure that BYU will not be going independent that if they do announce they are going independent in the next week I will give free CougarCorner memberships to you and everyone of your family members for the next 5 years.

:lol:


Please don't go, please don't go, please don't go, I can really use the savings.



Is this kind of like Obamanomics.....when free just ain't good enough? How about that for one of your T-shirts?
Advertisement
B
blue42
BYUROCKS wrote:
MTM wrote:
I've been playing golf all afternoon but when I left it was a "done deal".



In 100 words or less what have I missed in the last 4 hours?


Poo hitting fans...



-BYU is rumored to go independent in FB and WAC in other sports

-MWC offers FSU and UNR

-FSU and UNR are rumored to accept invites





-NOTHING IS OFFICIAL YET NO MATTER WHAT IS RUMORED




Big prob is that FSU, and Nav, need to come up with 5 million greens, to leave the WAC.



Also it does not really matter, hopelly we will be invited to join the Big XII -2, so they can get a Champ Game.


I guess you haven't heard that is is being reported that neither team signed the agreement and may not have to pay it.
K
kiwibacon
UNR never signed the 5M penalty clause I believe so they can leave free...not sure about FSU.
C
craigoscarson
kiwibacon wrote:
UNR never signed the 5M penalty clause I believe so they can leave free...not sure about FSU.


Karl Benson has an extra chromosome; unbelievable.
I
IndiCoug
From what I've read; FSU signed the agreement. UNR agreed to the penalty clause but hadn't gotten around to signing it. Which might be enforceable especially if it was agreed via email, telephone, or meeting that was minuted and signed.
J
Jarhead
One of my biggest concerns is the loss of the ability to compete for a conference championship every year. If BYU loses a game, which it's only being undefeated once in it's entire history, there is nothing else left to really play for in a season. As of right now, I'm just not convinced of the independence movement.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
IndiCoug wrote:
From what I've read; FSU signed the agreement. UNR agreed to the penalty clause but hadn't gotten around to signing it. Which might be enforceable especially if it was agreed via email, telephone, or meeting that was minuted and signed.


And, I believe that THompson said the MWC will help pay the 5mil (or whatever amount) for FSU.

Nice, MWC is paying to fill another slot. WOW, nice buy Thompson, Fresno State? If all this is true, what a joke. Maybe smart strategically to save the MWC, but had to pay out to fix it.
T
tripwire
If the WAC doesn't stay together as an entity there would be nobody to pay the $5Mil to.
S
Schmoe
tripwire wrote:
If the WAC doesn't stay together as an entity there would be nobody to pay the $5Mil to.


Just give it to me! :crazy:
B
byutx
Both schools signed the agreement. The MWC has made arrangements to help pay the $10 mil. exit fees.
M
Mars
byutx wrote:
Both schools signed the agreement. The MWC has made arrangements to help pay the $10 mil. exit fees.

Nevada denies signing it, says they didn't.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.