Archived Topic

Most Memorable Play Ever

by BoiseBYU · 8/18/2010

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Dog days of summer, so, what's your most memorable athletic plays of all time? I have three that come to mind:



Cal's run through the Stanford band to win game

BSU's statute of liberty to beat OK

Danny Ainge's intentionally missed free throw to get rebound and put back to beat SDSU in last second OR Danny Ainge's last second drive to beat ND and put BYU in the Elite Eight....
S
SpiffCoug
Here are the ones I was personally witness to:

- Staley down the east sideline against Utah in 2001 to win the game

- Beck to Harline in 2006

- Fui's run against Tulsa in 2005

- Curtis Brown's catch and run against Tulsa in 2005
U
Ungoy
I'm Surprised that McMahon to Clay Brown hail mary to win the Miracle Bowl wasn't listed, nor was the flee flicker to Steve Young in the '83 Holiday Bowl. Both awesome plays.
S
snoscythe
Back in 2002, I managed to pull off the roommate switch and successfully date my ex's roommate 2 days after the breakup.



Oh, wait. Thought this was the lounge. My bad.
C
CAFB_04-12
Some of my most memorable plays:



(5) 2000 Doman's last miracle for Lavell (witnessed in-person)

(4) 1997 John Stockton sends the Utah Jazz to the NBA finals for the first time.

(3) 1997 NBA Finals game 5 at the Delta Center (witnessed in-person). Michael Jordan's "flu game." Sure didn't play like he had the flu--but this was a classic Jordan moment.

(2) Doman option to Staley down the sideline for the win against Utah in 2001 (in-person)

(1) Beck to Harline. 'Nuff said.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
snoscythe wrote:
Back in 2002, I managed to pull off the roommate switch and successfully date my ex's roommate 2 days after the breakup.



Oh, wait. Thought this was the lounge. My bad.


haha that was a hail mary no?
Y
Y 4 Ever
Definitely 2006 Harlines Still Open, followed closely by 4th and 18, followed closely by Ty Detmer avoiding like 12 Miami players in the backfield and hitting a touchdown pass (and watching the UM players tackle each other, just like...), followed closely by George is Still Running.
S
Schmoe
snoscythe wrote:
Back in 2002, I managed to pull off the roommate switch and successfully date my ex's roommate 2 days after the breakup.



Oh, wait. Thought this was the lounge. My bad.


It took you two whole days? Pfftt...amateur...
Q
QuarterbackU
BoiseBYU wrote:
Dog days of summer, so, what's your most memorable athletic plays of all time? I have three that come to mind:



Cal's run through the Stanford band to win game

BSU's statute of liberty to beat OK

Danny Ainge's intentionally missed free throw to get rebound and put back to beat SDSU in last second OR Danny Ainge's last second drive to beat ND and put BYU in the Elite Eight....


wow some of you guys are flat out old! :skeptic: Just kidding. ;)



I became a BYU fan in 2003 and my first game was vs. notre dame and I had tickets in the third row at LES. For some reason it was a really special moment for me to see Todd Watkins pull down that last catch, gaining a first down and letting us run the clock out. I remember very vividly getting really nasty looks from ND fans for heckling Brady Quinn 30 minutes before the game. Because I became a fan durring the Crowton era, I've had a great time seeing BYU "return to glory" I can't imagine what it would have been like to see Ty Detmer beat Miami or some of those great bowl games in San Diego...



Beck to Harline is the greatest moment for me. One of my good buddies hit his head on the cieling, then we had a dog pile on the living room floor and someone chipped a tooth, people were actually crying tears of joy.



Oklahoma last year was very cool as well. Very emotional for me to see BYU come out and actually perform on a BIG TIME stage like that in the face of incredible adversity.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.