Archived Topic

Drops, drops, and more drops.

by Brayden Green · 8/17/2010

Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
Oh yeah... More drops! I had an insightful commentary on this, but it just slipped right through my hands. ;)



Hell, maybe we just put in Riley and run the effin ball "Dasher" style.
C
Cougs_Rule
BlueisBetter, unnecessary rough language pal!!! Im not the poster police here, but a little discretion might be nice.

Do you think your clever spelling somehow makes you more appropriate? It actually makes you look more foolish--because you cant find other words to express your frustration re a very frustrating reality of dropped balls; and hypocritical, because while you want to avoid using the actual spelling, for whatever reason, but still trash this site with your unimaginative gutter talk. Do you think that we all like that kind of talk?

Could it be that you had an insightful commentary but just couldnt wait to fake swear instead?
L
ltpwfdcm
My personal fake swear comes courtesy of Johnny Biscuit: Fargin Bastage :lol: The punchline was how people think they can fool the angels by changing a couple of letter and get into heaven...classic.
S
SpiffCoug
Got dandruff some of it itches!



Fuh-Crying out loud!
I
Italics
dmcougar wrote:
BlueisBetter, unnecessary rough language pal!!! Im not the poster police here, but a little discretion might be nice.

Do you think your clever spelling somehow makes you more appropriate? It actually makes you look more foolish--because you cant find other words to express your frustration re a very frustrating reality of dropped balls; and hypocritical, because while you want to avoid using the actual spelling, for whatever reason, but still trash this site with your unimaginative gutter talk. Do you think that we all like that kind of talk?

Could it be that you had an insightful commentary but just couldnt wait to fake swear instead?


...



...



...



way to take the high road and just ignore it? Geeze, hope you never move outside of the utah-idaho footprint...
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
dmcougar wrote:
BlueisBetter, unnecessary rough language pal!!! Im not the poster police here, but a little discretion might be nice.

Do you think your clever spelling somehow makes you more appropriate? It actually makes you look more foolish--because you cant find other words to express your frustration re a very frustrating reality of dropped balls; and hypocritical, because while you want to avoid using the actual spelling, for whatever reason, but still trash this site with your unimaginative gutter talk. Do you think that we all like that kind of talk?

Could it be that you had an insightful commentary but just couldnt wait to fake swear instead?


"Effin: effin comes from the name of an Irish Saint - St. Eimhin, pronounced "Effin". His parish is located in Co. Limerick, Ireland."



I think he is the patron saint of running quarterbacks, but I could be mistaken.



Then again, what were you thinking? ;)
C
Cougs_Rule
Nice one Blue. Back at me.

I'm curious Italics how the view is up there on the "i ignore stuff" highroad?
S
snoscythe
dmcougar wrote:
I'm curious Italics how the view is up there on the "i ignore stuff" highroad?


I could frame this and smile every day.
M
Mars
dmcougar wrote:
BlueisBetter, unnecessary rough language pal!!! Im not the poster police here, but a little discretion might be nice. Do you think your clever spelling somehow makes you more appropriate? It actually makes you look more foolish--because you cant find other words to express your frustration re a very frustrating reality of dropped balls; and hypocritical, because while you want to avoid using the actual spelling, for whatever reason, but still trash this site with your unimaginative gutter talk. Do you think that we all like that kind of talk? Could it be that you had an insightful commentary but just couldnt wait to fake swear instead?

WTF? :bug:



;)
K
kiwibacon
uhhhh...I hope everyone got it out of their systems now?...
Advertisement
I
Italics
dmcougar wrote:
Nice one Blue. Back at me.

I'm curious Italics how the view is up there on the "i ignore stuff" highroad?


the view is pretty effin fantastic.
C
CougarPeasant
kiwibacon wrote:
uhhhh...I hope everyone got it out of their systems now?...


Frick no.







Perhaps we could adopt a common subsitute word like that used over at cb. How about "yewt"

as in, "yewt no," go to "yewt," you son of a "yewt." I'm sure you get the idea now. :utard:
B
Brayden Green
I don't know if that would be fair to all of the substitute words. There are a lot of things I won't say to my wife and daughter, and the very last word on the list, is "Ute."
B
bball
The drops are disappointing, no doubt. Historically, BYU receivers have not been the fastest in the world but the caught everything thrown at them. I hope we're not moving into the "we have fast receivers, but they drop half their passes" kind of team. I would put it a little more bluntly than Bronco did; I'd say, "you want to play for BYU? catch the dang ball, or we'll move you to defense."
S
snoscythe
CougarPeasant wrote:
uhhhh...I hope everyone got it out of their systems now?...


Frick no.







Perhaps we could adopt a common subsitute word like that used over at cb. How about "yewt"

as in, "yewt no," go to "yewt," you son of a "yewt." I'm sure you get the idea now. :utard:


Never. We have moderators here who read/care, so we don't need to resort to trickery like cb to make users think there is moderation going on.



As an aside, I propose we refer to CougarBoard as CB and CougarBlue as cb from this point on. Just to add some clarity.



As to the topic of the OP, I am very concerned about the number of drops we keep hearing about. While BYU gets a lot of attention for quarterback play, those quarterbacks over the years have been tremendously aided by receivers with glue hands. After almost two weeks of camp, any jitters/cobwebs should be shaken off, and any discomfort in dealing with both lefties and righties throwing you the ball should be long gone. I realize we have a lot of youth in the receiving corps, but after losing Dennis Pitta (who probably only dropped five balls in his last two years), these guys need to step up. No matter what, we are going to be fielding a downgrade at BYU this year compared to last year (unless you think Heaps/Lark/Nelson can outdo what Hall did), so the guys on the other end of the passing game need to step up and man up.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
And given the technology of gloves today, there is very little excuse for this many drops.
P
PurpleReign
I curse like a sailor, don't believe in "swear" words.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
blue42
bball wrote:
The drops are disappointing, no doubt. Historically, BYU receivers have not been the fastest in the world but the caught everything thrown at them. I hope we're not moving into the "we have fast receivers, but they drop half their passes" kind of team. I would put it a little more bluntly than Bronco did; I'd say, "you want to play for BYU? catch the dang ball, or we'll move you to defense."


I agree with you here, but I think Bronco is more ticked off at the TE's and not the recievers. I read a comment he made, I think it was about today's practice (Tuesday) that he basically said the TE's better learn how to catch the ball or they won't be playing because he won't have the confidence to put them in the game. If I was a TE right now I would be spending every last cent I have on the old stick em' or at least wear duct tape sticky side out.
M
Mars
blue42 wrote:
I think Bronco is more ticked off at the TE's and not the recievers. I read a comment he made, I think it was about today's practice (Tuesday) that he basically said the TE's better learn how to catch the ball or they won't be playing because he won't have the confidence to put them in the game. If I was a TE right now I would be spending every last cent I have on the old stick em' or at least wear duct tape sticky side out.

TEs that haven't dropped a ball in fall camp:

Wilson

Holt
B
blue42
Mars wrote:
I think Bronco is more ticked off at the TE's and not the recievers. I read a comment he made, I think it was about today's practice (Tuesday) that he basically said the TE's better learn how to catch the ball or they won't be playing because he won't have the confidence to put them in the game. If I was a TE right now I would be spending every last cent I have on the old stick em' or at least wear duct tape sticky side out.

TEs that haven't dropped a ball in fall camp:

Wilson

Holt


I think you just named the TE two deep.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.