Archived Topic

QB Battle Day 9

by SpiffCoug · 8/17/2010

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Rough day for Jake. Riley threw his first official interception as well. Here's the stats:



Day 9 Stats:

Heaps: 5-14-0-19, 0 TDs, 47.11 rating, 35.7% complete.

Nelson: 13-21-1-149, 2 TDs, 143.41 rating, 61.9% complete. 2 TD drives.



Fall Camp Stats:

Heaps: 60-109-2-708, 10 TDs, 136.21 rating, 55.0% complete, 12 TD drives, 1 FG drive

Nelson: 50-84-1-613, 12 TDs, 165.59 rating, 59.5% complete, 14 TD drives, 4 FG drives



Passing and scoring edges both go to Nelson today. It was the second straight day, Jake was below 50% compete. It was also the second day in which Jake didn't produce a score. Riley has yet to have a day without leading at least one TD.



Tomorrow is a big scrimmage and with it being closed, I hope we can get some news of how it goes.
L
Lawboy
Heaps had many dropped balls, 2 from Mahina on 1 drive. He also got sacked 3 plays in a row with the 2nd O-line in front of him. Not a good day for Jake at all, but he didn't get a lot of help either. Riley owned the day in the competition, but it sounds as if the D owned the day overall. The #1 D in particular.
S
SpiffCoug
There's been a lot of talk about how much Jake is working against the first team defense. Someone on CB posted what each QB was doing w/ each offense and against each defense. I thought it was interesting to see how each QB was doing with each offense. I thought the results we're pretty interesting.



Jake w/ 1st team offense: 24-40-1-253, 6 TDs, 160.13 rating, 62.5% complete

Jake w/ 2nd team offense: 10-17-0-135, 2 Tds, 164.35 rating, 58.8% complete

Jake w/ 3rd team offense: 1-6-0-7, 0 Tds, 26.47 rating, 16.7% complete

Jake w/ unknown offense: 9-17-0-114, 2 TDs, 148.09 rating, 52.9% complete



Riley w/ 1st team offense: 25-45-0-363, 6 TDs, 167.32 rating, 55.6% complete

Riley w/ 2nd team offense: 13-20-1-119, 3 TDs, 154.48 rating, 65.0% complete

Riley w/ 3rd team offense: 2-3-0-24, 2 TDs, 353.87 rating, 66.7% complete.

Riley w/ unknown offense: 5-8-0-49, 1 TD, 155.20 rating, 62.5% complete
B
Brayden Green
kitic77 wrote:
There's been a lot of talk about how much Jake is working against the first team defense. Someone on CB posted what each QB was doing w/ each offense and against each defense. I thought it was interesting to see how each QB was doing with each offense. I thought the results we're pretty interesting.



Jake w/ 1st team offense: 24-40-1-253, 6 TDs, 160.13 rating, 62.5% complete

Jake w/ 2nd team offense: 10-17-0-135, 2 Tds, 164.35 rating, 58.8% complete

Jake w/ 3rd team offense: 1-6-0-7, 0 Tds, 26.47 rating, 16.7% complete

Jake w/ unknown offense: 9-17-0-114, 2 TDs, 148.09 rating, 52.9% complete



Riley w/ 1st team offense: 25-45-0-363, 6 TDs, 167.32 rating, 55.6% complete

Riley w/ 2nd team offense: 13-20-1-119, 3 TDs, 154.48 rating, 65.0% complete

Riley w/ 3rd team offense: 2-3-0-24, 2 TDs, 353.87 rating, 66.7% complete.

Riley w/ unknown offense: 5-8-0-49, 1 TD, 155.20 rating, 62.5% complete


Interesting. I don't think this stat is as important as who they are going against, though. You can be with the ones and against the 3's and just crawl into the endzone.
S
SpiffCoug
Unfortunately, there is a relatively large amount of data in the "unknown" category, too.
Advertisement
I
Italics
kitic77 wrote:
There's been a lot of talk about how much Jake is working against the first team defense. Someone on CB posted what each QB was doing w/ each offense and against each defense. I thought it was interesting to see how each QB was doing with each offense. I thought the results we're pretty interesting.



Jake w/ 1st team offense: 24-40-1-253, 6 TDs, 160.13 rating, 62.5% complete

Jake w/ 2nd team offense: 10-17-0-135, 2 Tds, 164.35 rating, 58.8% complete

Jake w/ 3rd team offense: 1-6-0-7, 0 Tds, 26.47 rating, 16.7% complete

Jake w/ unknown offense: 9-17-0-114, 2 TDs, 148.09 rating, 52.9% complete



Riley w/ 1st team offense: 25-45-0-363, 6 TDs, 167.32 rating, 55.6% complete

Riley w/ 2nd team offense: 13-20-1-119, 3 TDs, 154.48 rating, 65.0% complete

Riley w/ 3rd team offense: 2-3-0-24, 2 TDs, 353.87 rating, 66.7% complete.

Riley w/ unknown offense: 5-8-0-49, 1 TD, 155.20 rating, 62.5% complete


No offense intended, but these numbers are next to useless without knowing which defense they were going against.
S
SpiffCoug
I just thought it was interesting to see how the QBs were doing with what offenses. A lot was being made about how they were doing against which defense. I thought a similar comparison with what offenses they were running with would be interesting.



If it's of worth to see how they're doing against which defenses wouldn't it also be of worth to see how they're doing with each offense?
S
Sammich
kitic77 wrote:
I just thought it was interesting to see how the QBs were doing with what offenses. A lot was being made about how they were doing against which defense. I thought a similar comparison with what offenses they were running with would be interesting.



If it's of worth to see how they're doing against which defenses wouldn't it also be of worth to see how they're doing with each offense?

I think what they're saying is that good stats with the 2nd team offense mean more against the 1st team defense than against the 3rd team defense. So in order for the stats to be meaningful, they would have to be coupled with which defense they were up against.
S
SpiffCoug
Agreed, but we saw posts of how each QB was doing against each defense without which offense they were using. So if against which defense is informative regardless of which offense, wouldn't with which offense be informative regardless of which defense. Or am I just flat out wrong on this one?



I'll concede that against which defense is probably more useful than with which offense. But I think there is still something to be gained here.
B
Brayden Green
I agree. It is very valuable to see that Riley is doing well with the ones, and is not a castoff. I like to see whomever the qb is to be gelling with his squad. Same with Jake. I think we all agree that if it is against the lower tiers, that doesn't weigh as heavy as against the same or uppers.



Still quite valuable to see that both qb's have command with the respective tiers. I like it.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.