Archived Topic

Washington Game Sold-out.

by ltpwfdcm · 8/17/2010

Advertisement
L
ltpwfdcm
I was trying to get tix for the opening game against the Huskies but I called the ticket office and they are all sold-out. My brother is coming down from Canada around that time and wanted to go to the game. Does anyone have tickets that they will not be able to use? Send me a message.



Much Thanks,



Thomas
L
Lawboy
good luck. try stubhub.
B
BigCougsFan
Did you call today or yesterday?



I know they went on sale yesterday at 9:00 a.m.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
or ebay
S
Short_Change
Same thing happened to me. You can always go to the stadium a couple hours before and buy from one of those black guys selling on the corner. My uncle and I did that for the opening game vs Arizona a few years ago.
Advertisement
F
Florwood
Wow. ebay upper endzone $90



Stubhub upper endzone $50-100

Stubhub lower west $227-250, upper $120-929
L
ltpwfdcm
Thanks for the replies. @BigCougsFan: I called the ticket office this morning and they confirmed it was sold out.
J
jonnylingo
Short_Change wrote:
Same thing happened to me. You can always go to the stadium a couple hours before and buy from one of those black guys selling on the corner. My uncle and I did that for the opening game vs Arizona a few years ago.


Really? "one of those black guys".



I am just going to go out on a limb and guess that you are over 50 shortchanged. Am I right, am I right? I laughed out loud when I read that. By the way, I have sold extra tickets before the games a few times. While doing so I wasn't standing at the corner and I am not "black."
F
Florwood
jonnylingo wrote:
Same thing happened to me. You can always go to the stadium a couple hours before and buy from one of those black guys selling on the corner. My uncle and I did that for the opening game vs Arizona a few years ago.


Really? "one of those black guys".



I am just going to go out on a limb and guess that you are over 50 shortchanged. Am I right, am I right? I laughed out loud when I read that. By the way, I have sold extra tickets before the games a few times. While doing so I wasn't standing at the corner and I am not "black."


Nice. Point out stereotyping by engaging in it yourself.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
Florwood wrote:
Short_Change wrote:
Same thing happened to me. You can always go to the stadium a couple hours before and buy from one of those black guys selling on the corner. My uncle and I did that for the opening game vs Arizona a few years ago.


Really? "one of those black guys".



I am just going to go out on a limb and guess that you are over 50 shortchanged. Am I right, am I right? I laughed out loud when I read that. By the way, I have sold extra tickets before the games a few times. While doing so I wasn't standing at the corner and I am not "black."


Nice. Point out stereotyping by engaging in it yourself.


Okay, sorry to all you old people here. I didn't mean it. But let me just add that you are all very bad drivers who should have your licenses taken away. :P
S
Short_Change
jonnylingo wrote:
Same thing happened to me. You can always go to the stadium a couple hours before and buy from one of those black guys selling on the corner. My uncle and I did that for the opening game vs Arizona a few years ago.


Really? "one of those black guys".



I am just going to go out on a limb and guess that you are over 50 shortchanged. Am I right, am I right? I laughed out loud when I read that. By the way, I have sold extra tickets before the games a few times. While doing so I wasn't standing at the corner and I am not "black."


I'm actually 26 and I mean it as mostly true/good humor. The guy we bought our tickets from was definitely a street thug. I'm about the least racist person I know. I served in minneapolis spanish speaking and also did a lot of english work so I love both the latinos and blacks. BTW, the guys I was talking about are the guys that show up way before the game and have stacks and I mean stacks of tickets to sell.
L
ltpwfdcm
I suppose you watch colored television too right? :lol:
S
Schmoe
Hey, it's Utah, you rarely ever see a black person other than on a playing field (sad to say) and of the people selling tickets outside the stadium there are a disproportionately large percentage of "African American Males." It wasn't said in an insulting manner and describing someone's ethnicity shouldn't be considered as bad unless it is intended to be so.
J
jonnylingo
Schmoe wrote:
It wasn't said in an insulting manner and describing someone's ethnicity shouldn't be considered as bad unless it is intended to be so.


There are many who disagree with that. Some might simply argue it was 'racially insensitive.' I am not going to go there though. The last thing we need to a fight about what is considered a racist comment and what is not. I for one am simply not interested.



i stand by my statement however that old people suck at driving. sorry its just true.
Advertisement
B
BYULV
jonnylingo wrote:
It wasn't said in an insulting manner and describing someone's ethnicity shouldn't be considered as bad unless it is intended to be so.


There are many who disagree with that. Some might simply argue it was 'racially insensitive.' I am not going to go there though. The last thing we need to a fight about what is considered a racist comment and what is not. I for one am simply not interested.



i stand by my statement however that old people suck at driving. sorry its just true.


But the question is, what do you consider old?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
L
ltpwfdcm
First we encounter possible racism...and here we go onto age-ism. Oh the humanity! ;)
1
1967cougar
jonnylingo wrote:
Same thing happened to me. You can always go to the stadium a couple hours before and buy from one of those black guys selling on the corner. My uncle and I did that for the opening game vs Arizona a few years ago.


Really? "one of those black guys".



I am just going to go out on a limb and guess that you are over 50 shortchanged. Am I right, am I right? I laughed out loud when I read that. By the way, I have sold extra tickets before the games a few times. While doing so I wasn't standing at the corner and I am not "black."

So Johnny, I can deduce that you are one of those white guys standing in the middle of the block selling tickets??
F
Florwood
jonnylingo wrote:
Okay, sorry to all you old people here. I didn't mean it. But let me just add that you are all very bad drivers who should have your licenses taken away. :P


Am not! Excuse me now, I have to go dye my hair a whiter shade...
L
Lawboy
Threads like this remind me--painfully--of why I hate cougarboard. Seriously.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.