Archived Topic

Manti Teo's life and adjustment in South Bend

by BigCougsFan · 8/15/2010

Advertisement
U
urroner
My opinion is I hope him the best.
M
MTM
I don't know the whole backstory as to why he didn't choose BYU but to me he just sounds like a kid who is trying to live his life in a way that he feels is best for him.



Were there hard feelings from BYU fans? I mean the only other school mentioned in the article is USC. Did he really even consider BYU?
S
SpiffCoug
He was considering BYU until he came to Provo, went partying, got drunk and Bronco told him that kind of behavior wouldn't be acceptable at BYU. So Manti went elsewhere and his cousin wound up leaving the school and program after his DUI came to light and he lied to Bronco.
M
MTM
kitic77 wrote:
He was considering BYU until he came to Provo, went partying, got drunk and Bronco told him that kind of behavior wouldn't be acceptable at BYU. So Manti went elsewhere and his cousin wound up leaving the school and program after his DUI came to light and he lied to Bronco.


Oh. Well there you have it.



Well hopefully for him he's worked through all that stuff.
Advertisement
I
imuakahuku
Actually BYU was a very long shot. From the getgo he felt he should go to another school. He had very mixed feelings because of Bronco, (mixed because he really respected Bronco and wanted to play for him), but still felt he should go elsewhere. Again, it had nothing to do with the party. When I spoke with his Uncle several weeks before the party, he was heavily (90+%)leaning towards ND. He just felt that is where he should go. I held out hope that there would be a last minute change of heart but there wasn't.



Just wish him the best and lets move on. We will have many talented LB's and although it would have been nice, we won't miss him because we will have other LB's that will get the job done. Nice thing for us is that we won't need one LB to be so dominant because we will have a whole team that gets the job done. I see a much brighter future for BYU football than I do for ND football. Maybe someday it makes it back to the top, but I don't really see it happening anytime soon. They can't seem to take 5 stars and make them play as a team. We'll see what this coach and staff does over the next couple years.

BTW, I will be surprised if he returns to ND after this year. My gut is he goes pro.
S
snoscythe
BigCougsFan wrote:
The Chicago Tribune posted an article on Manti Teo and his life in South Bend.



I'm curious what everyone's opinion is of it. Since some fans honestly thought Teo would come here, until he knocked BYU off his recruiting list.


He didn't knock BYU off his recruiting list. Bronco revoked his scholarship offer.
S
Schmoe
Here's what I think: Don't care.
B
BigCougsFan
imuakahuku wrote:
Actually BYU was a very long shot. From the getgo he felt he should go to another school. He had very mixed feelings because of Bronco, (mixed because he really respected Bronco and wanted to play for him), but still felt he should go elsewhere. Again, it had nothing to do with the party. When I spoke with his Uncle several weeks before the party, he was heavily (90+%)leaning towards ND. He just felt that is where he should go. I held out hope that there would be a last minute change of heart but there wasn't.



Just wish him the best and lets move on. We will have many talented LB's and although it would have been nice, we won't miss him because we will have other LB's that will get the job done. Nice thing for us is that we won't need one LB to be so dominant because we will have a whole team that gets the job done. I see a much brighter future for BYU football than I do for ND football. Maybe someday it makes it back to the top, but I don't really see it happening anytime soon. They can't seem to take 5 stars and make them play as a team. We'll see what this coach and staff does over the next couple years.

BTW, I will be surprised if he returns to ND after this year. My gut is he goes pro.


What you said is how I've felt. Couldn't have said it better myself.



As for Bronco revoking Manti's schollie... I didn't realize that. I thought BYU was in his top 10, but fell off when he narrowed it down to five.



Either way... I'm happy he's in South Bend and he's actively pursuing his beliefs away from home. I personally know that could be hard when you are hundreds of miles away from family, friends, and home.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars


If Manti was at BYU, we wouldn't be the #1 Stone Cold Sober school in the nation.

Glad he and his family paddled their canoes elsewhere.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.