Archived Topic

Boise State is now officially CURSED

by Mars · 8/11/2010

Advertisement
B
byutx
My eyes are cursed.



Mars, in all seriousness, how can you stand to watch them, at least in solid blues at home, for more than 5 minutes without having your eyes bleed?
B
blue42
All I hope is when they join the MWC, Hair makes them get rid of that stupid smurf turf.
C
Cougs_Rule
AMEN already to the little molesting men turf!!!!!! Ban it MWC!!!

Sorry. that turf will instantly add a hate factor to the rivalry. That and they are going to kick our fannies regularly up there.
M
Mars
byutx wrote:
My eyes are cursed. Mars, in all seriousness, how can you stand to watch them, at least in solid blues at home, for more than 5 minutes without having your eyes bleed?

I really don't watch very much Boise State football. And their most interesting games are usually on the road.



Their turf looked good the one time I saw it in person, but it looked pretty bright in still shots from games last year. I think it's because they mix shiny white pellets into their artificial grass. Dumb move IMO.



They replaced the turf this year, so it may look better on TV, or it may look exactly the same.



As a BYU fan, I'm conditioned to like anything blue. It's the orange I think is stupid, and ugly.
Advertisement
I
Italics
two "mid majors" in the top 5? Anyone else see the problem with the term "mid major" now?
R
redneckjedi
Mars wrote:


Sports Illustrated strikes again?



http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_ncaaf_experts__38/ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-786632527-1281451169.jpg?ymhivlDDJShCsEuz" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Headlinin-Welcome-to-the-SI-cover-curse-Boise;_ylt=AiwftppmYuyECnm.KHsiWXTjvbYF?urn=ncaaf-261440" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Is it just me, or do these guys look like they're about to be the next raptor victims in Jurassic Park IV?
C
Cougs_Rule
Mars wrote:
My eyes are cursed. Mars, in all seriousness, how can you stand to watch them, at least in solid blues at home, for more than 5 minutes without having your eyes bleed?

I really don't watch very much Boise State football. And their most interesting games are usually on the road.



Their turf looked good the one time I saw it in person, but it looked pretty bright in still shots from games last year. I think it's because they mix shiny white pellets into their artificial grass. Dumb move IMO.



They replaced the turf this year, so it may look better on TV, or it may look exactly the same.



As a BYU fan, I'm conditioned to like anything blue. It's the orange I think is stupid, and ugly.



When folks make the determination that many others who have played there already have that their unis blend in to the turf, that shade of blue may start to take on a certain disfavor.
B
blue42
redneckjedi wrote:


Sports Illustrated strikes again?



http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_ncaaf_experts__38/ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-786632527-1281451169.jpg?ymhivlDDJShCsEuz" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Headlinin-Welcome-to-the-SI-cover-curse-Boise;_ylt=AiwftppmYuyECnm.KHsiWXTjvbYF?urn=ncaaf-261440" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Is it just me, or do these guys look like they're about to be the next raptor victims in Jurassic Park IV?


LOL I thought the same thing, this pose really has that deer in the headlights look or the coackroaches freezing when the light comes on look. It doesn't look real scary to me.
M
Mars
dmcougar wrote:
When folks make the determination that many others who have played there already have that their unis blend in to the turf, that shade of blue may start to take on a certain disfavor.
Yeah, just like Michigan State!



Also, all BYU players are 28 years old.
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I like the blue turf. So there! :P
M
Mingjai
dmcougar wrote:
byutx wrote:
My eyes are cursed. Mars, in all seriousness, how can you stand to watch them, at least in solid blues at home, for more than 5 minutes without having your eyes bleed?

I really don't watch very much Boise State football. And their most interesting games are usually on the road.



Their turf looked good the one time I saw it in person, but it looked pretty bright in still shots from games last year. I think it's because they mix shiny white pellets into their artificial grass. Dumb move IMO.



They replaced the turf this year, so it may look better on TV, or it may look exactly the same.



As a BYU fan, I'm conditioned to like anything blue. It's the orange I think is stupid, and ugly.



When folks make the determination that many others who have played there already have that their unis blend in to the turf, that shade of blue may start to take on a certain disfavor.


If making uniforms blend in with the turf really was an advantage, why don't more teams wear all green uniforms that match their green turf? Green is a relatively underused color in football...
C
Cougarfan87
I can't quite put my finger on why, but something about the blue turf messes up the game for me. I think the color messes up the orientation of the teams for me. I can't figure out where they are on the field--perhaps the numbers don't stand out as much as they do on the green field, or perhaps I am just not used to the color. I don't know, but its weird for me to watch a game on that field. It must be worse playing on it.
Y
Y12
Anyone know if BYU was in the SI top 25?



I don't expect it, but you never know.
M
Mingjai
Cougarfan87 wrote:
I can't quite put my finger on why, but something about the blue turf messes up the game for me. I think the color messes up the orientation of the teams for me. I can't figure out where they are on the field--perhaps the numbers don't stand out as much as they do on the green field, or perhaps I am just not used to the color. I don't know, but its weird for me to watch a game on that field. It must be worse playing on it.


Actually, the human eye (specifically the rods) are more sensitive to green light than red or blue, so most people can distinguish among shades of green a little better. But if matching uniforms to field really is an advantage, that just means teams would have to do a lot better of matching their green uniforms to the green field such that the human eye has a hard time distinguishing.
Advertisement
Y
YNot
I've always thought that Army should wear camouflage....that would be cool!
F
Florwood
Cougarfan87 wrote:
I can't quite put my finger on why, but something about the blue turf messes up the game for me. I think the color messes up the orientation of the teams for me. I can't figure out where they are on the field--perhaps the numbers don't stand out as much as they do on the green field, or perhaps I am just not used to the color. I don't know, but its weird for me to watch a game on that field. It must be worse playing on it.



It sure messed up Payne's orientation toward the goal posts.
M
Mars
ABYUFAN wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I like the blue turf. So there! :P

What about this? http://web.ewu.edu/groups/athletics/pages/TurfCam.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Do you like it too?



http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4099/4861024504_2816256a1e.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.