M
Mars" Prior to his return home, there was a rumor that consistently reared its head concerning Manumaleuna transferring to UCLA upon completing his mission. "UCLA ironically offered me a scholarship while I was on my mission," Manumaleuna said with a sheepish grin on his face. "It was kind of strange because I blocked the field goal in the Las Vegas Bowl game and then while I was out on my mission they offered me a scholarship⦠"I don't really know how that came about, but they contacted my parents. I didn't really talk to them, but they contacted some other member of my family and didn't really have any say in the matter to the [UCLA] coaches or anything. I just didn't talk to any of their coaches."
So, there was never any threat of Manumaleuna leaving the Cougars.. "You know, BYU was the place for me and where I need to be is here. There wasn't any doubt at all that I was coming back to BYU. First of all, my parents wouldn't have allowed me to not come back and I've always been loyal to my parents. They always know what's right. Also, because this is the Church's private school and the LDS atmosphere is the best. The coaching staff here at BYU is wonderful and the players are as well. Coach Mendenhall is such an awesome coach that there really isn't a reason why I would want to leave this place. This is the best place to be, except for maybe Oklahoma! No, I'm teasing." " http://byu.scout.com/2/990713.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So, there was never any threat of Manumaleuna leaving the Cougars.. "You know, BYU was the place for me and where I need to be is here. There wasn't any doubt at all that I was coming back to BYU. First of all, my parents wouldn't have allowed me to not come back and I've always been loyal to my parents. They always know what's right. Also, because this is the Church's private school and the LDS atmosphere is the best. The coaching staff here at BYU is wonderful and the players are as well. Coach Mendenhall is such an awesome coach that there really isn't a reason why I would want to leave this place. This is the best place to be, except for maybe Oklahoma! No, I'm teasing." " http://byu.scout.com/2/990713.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

