Archived Topic

Jake v Riley Day 2

by Cougs_Rule · 8/10/2010

Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Just heard an interview of Jan on 1280. He said Jake looked "impressive" multiple times. Riley looked just ok. Too early for stats, but we'll see what they say.

Jan also said JJ looked great again.

Jan also said DeQuan looks very good, but may never play unless they move Brandon to safety.
C
CannonCougar85
dmcougar wrote:
Just heard an interview of Jan on 1280. He said Jake looked "impressive" multiple times. Riley looked just ok. Too early for stats, but we'll see what they say.

Jan also said JJ looked great again.

Jan also said DeQuan looks very good, but may never play unless they move Brandon to safety.


If DeQuan and Bradley are dead even then I would like to see DeQuan play over Bradley. For one reason and one reason only...Height.

6ft vs 6'3
C
craigoscarson
CannonCougar85 wrote:
Just heard an interview of Jan on 1280. He said Jake looked "impressive" multiple times. Riley looked just ok. Too early for stats, but we'll see what they say.

Jan also said JJ looked great again.

Jan also said DeQuan looks very good, but may never play unless they move Brandon to safety.


If DeQuan and Bradley are dead even then I would like to see DeQuan play over Bradley. For one reason and one reason only...Height.

6ft vs 6'3




I'm just the opposite; if they're dead even I want to see Dequan redshirted; we have the future to consider too.
C
CougarClaw
dmcougar wrote:
Just heard an interview of Jan on 1280. He said Jake looked "impressive" multiple times. Riley looked just ok. Too early for stats, but we'll see what they say.

Jan also said JJ looked great again.

Jan also said DeQuan looks very good, but may never play unless they move Brandon to safety.


Reading this you would have thought Heaps had a better day, but Nelson had MUCH better numbers today (Thanks Kitic) including the offense's only score. I guess numbers don't show wounded ducks but it makes me wonder if Jan already has a favorite.
S
SpiffCoug
CougarClaw wrote:
Reading this you would have thought Heaps had a better day, but Nelson had MUCH better numbers today (Thanks Kitic) including the offense's only score. I guess numbers don't show wounded ducks but it makes me wonder if Jan already has a favorite.

Nelson did have "MUCH better numbers today." But Jake was even better on Saturday.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Craig, have to agree with you on DeQuan-if he can be patient and wait a year.
D
djcoug
If Oneil would have caught Jakes pass that was right to him on 3rd down I think Jake's numbers would have been better.
D
Ddawg
craigoscarson wrote:
dmcougar wrote:
Just heard an interview of Jan on 1280. He said Jake looked "impressive" multiple times. Riley looked just ok. Too early for stats, but we'll see what they say.

Jan also said JJ looked great again.

Jan also said DeQuan looks very good, but may never play unless they move Brandon to safety.


If DeQuan and Bradley are dead even then I would like to see DeQuan play over Bradley. For one reason and one reason only...Height.

6ft vs 6'3




I'm just the opposite; if they're dead even I want to see Dequan redshirted; we have the future to consider too.


+1
B
Brayden Green
CougarClaw wrote:
Just heard an interview of Jan on 1280. He said Jake looked "impressive" multiple times. Riley looked just ok. Too early for stats, but we'll see what they say.

Jan also said JJ looked great again.

Jan also said DeQuan looks very good, but may never play unless they move Brandon to safety.


Reading this you would have thought Heaps had a better day, but Nelson had MUCH better numbers today (Thanks Kitic) including the offense's only score. I guess numbers don't show wounded ducks but it makes me wonder if Jan already has a favorite.


Why wouldn't you have better numbers against the 3rd team defense?



Phantom Numbers = Phantom Results

Not real Numbers = Unreal Results



You can make these numbers say whatever you want. Until it is first team vs first team with Jake and then Riley, they mean nothing. Keep doing them if they keep you entertained, though. I would think that Jan would lean "team Riley" because he was a teammate of Riley's and spent a few years with him. Maybe not. Or maybe, just maybe, he is saying what everyone else who has seen him play is saying.
B
Brayden Green
And I would say that no matter what Jakes numbers where versus Riley's.



The numbers don't mean a thing, either way. Unless it is verified that they are going against the same defense, with the same players defending, and catching. And then it also comes down to playcalling. Who ran what plays. You are only kidding yourself if you think the numbers matter. Only the coaches, players, and to some extent media knows what they mean, because they know the situations they are put into. You think Bronco is impressed that Riley steamrolled the 3rd team, or Jake if/when he does?
Advertisement
C
CannonCougar85
craigoscarson wrote:
dmcougar wrote:
Just heard an interview of Jan on 1280. He said Jake looked "impressive" multiple times. Riley looked just ok. Too early for stats, but we'll see what they say.

Jan also said JJ looked great again.

Jan also said DeQuan looks very good, but may never play unless they move Brandon to safety.


If DeQuan and Bradley are dead even then I would like to see DeQuan play over Bradley. For one reason and one reason only...Height.

6ft vs 6'3




I'm just the opposite; if they're dead even I want to see Dequan redshirted; we have the future to consider too.




Didn't think of that. I have flip-flopped on this issue. I agree with you.



Okay Craigo...you've won this round...
Y
Y 4 Ever
craigoscarson wrote:

I'm just the opposite; if they're dead even I want to see Dequan redshirted; we have the future to consider too.


I concur - have his RS, and be available in the event of an early-season injury.
L
Lawboy
I just wan the best 11 on the field. If that mans Bradley to safety, then play DQ. Sounds as if we are going with Thomas as safety though. Hope he delivers.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.