Archived Topic

Phillips "thinner than expected"

by jonnylingo · 8/9/2010

Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
It was disappointing not to see running back/kick returner Drew Phillips on the field. Hopefully he can get his academic clearance taken care of quickly. Phillips was on the sideline today sporting a low-profile mohawk and looking thinner that expected. The team roster lists him at just 175 pounds.



per gooch's article:



http://bleacherreport.com/articles/431515-byu-fall-camp-day-one" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
L
Lawboy
Jeremy Kurley is not a big dude either, but the guy is shifty and can fly. Like James Dye or Ronney Jenkins. Sometimes the speedy, shifty guys are smaller. At his height, get him to 190 and call it good so he doesn't lose any speed or elusiveness.
C
craigoscarson
it's easier to fix 'thin' than 'slow'



btw - I told you all over a year ago that Travis Tuiloma was a beast. (probably the most underrated recruit from that entire class)
T
tmoney35
Lawboy wrote:
Sometimes the speedy, shifty guys are smaller. At his height, get him to 190 and call it good so he doesn't lose any speed or elusiveness.


aka Jacquezz Rodgers, the best runningback in the Pac-10
R
redneckjedi
tmoney35 wrote:
Sometimes the speedy, shifty guys are smaller. At his height, get him to 190 and call it good so he doesn't lose any speed or elusiveness.


aka Jacquezz Rodgers, the best runningback in the Pac-10


Toby Gerhart probably disagrees with that... ;)



But the fact that he was one of the best and was pretty much bottled up in the Las Vegas Bowl against us does shed some light on why Utah thinks they'll be successful in that conference... ;)
Advertisement
B
byutx
redneckjedi wrote:
Lawboy wrote:
Sometimes the speedy, shifty guys are smaller. At his height, get him to 190 and call it good so he doesn't lose any speed or elusiveness.


aka Jacquezz Rodgers, the best runningback in the Pac-10


Toby Gerhart probably disagrees with that... ;)

I'm pretty sure that the Vikings are still in the NFL ;)
R
redneckjedi
byutx wrote:
tmoney35 wrote:
Sometimes the speedy, shifty guys are smaller. At his height, get him to 190 and call it good so he doesn't lose any speed or elusiveness.


aka Jacquezz Rodgers, the best runningback in the Pac-10


Toby Gerhart probably disagrees with that... ;)

I'm pretty sure that the Vikings are still in the NFL ;)


Hey, he never said when, so I assumed last season, since Rodgers hasn't played a down this season. :D



Also, I heard on orangebloods.com that Larry Scott was planning to invite the entire NFC North to join the PAC-10, until he found out that would include the Detroit Lions...
B
byutx
redneckjedi wrote:
redneckjedi wrote:
Lawboy wrote:
Sometimes the speedy, shifty guys are smaller. At his height, get him to 190 and call it good so he doesn't lose any speed or elusiveness.


aka Jacquezz Rodgers, the best runningback in the Pac-10


Toby Gerhart probably disagrees with that... ;)

I'm pretty sure that the Vikings are still in the NFL ;)


Hey, he never said when, so I assumed last season, since Rodgers hasn't played a down this season. :D



Also, I heard on orangebloods.com that Larry Scott was planning to invite the entire NFC North to join the PAC-10, until he found out that would include the Detroit Lions...

Nah, they'd take the Lions over CU or the U. I think they would, anyway.
B
Brayden Green
byutx wrote:
byutx wrote:
tmoney35 wrote:
Sometimes the speedy, shifty guys are smaller. At his height, get him to 190 and call it good so he doesn't lose any speed or elusiveness.


aka Jacquezz Rodgers, the best runningback in the Pac-10


Toby Gerhart probably disagrees with that... ;)

I'm pretty sure that the Vikings are still in the NFL ;)


Hey, he never said when, so I assumed last season, since Rodgers hasn't played a down this season. :D



Also, I heard on orangebloods.com that Larry Scott was planning to invite the entire NFC North to join the PAC-10, until he found out that would include the Detroit Lions...

Nah, they'd take the Lions over CU or the U. I think they would, anyway.


Are there any LDS players in the NFC North? That could be a deal breaker...
B
blue42
BlueIsBetter wrote:

Are there any LDS players in the NFC North? That could be a deal breaker...


:lol: :lol: This makes too much sense, because the "Saints" are in the NFC south (not invited) better seasons and the NFC North (anti religious) gets the invite.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
The guy's still a skinny frosh. Give it time. REdshirt him this year if necessary and providing he can stay out of trouble, will be racking up the yards in the next few years.
T
tmoney35
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Are there any LDS players in the NFC North? That could be a deal breaker...




+1 haha!


redneckjedi wrote:
Hey, he never said when, so I assumed last season, since Rodgers hasn't played a down this season. :D


and just for the record, i was referring to this year 8)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.