Archived Topic

Classless to a new level?

by SpiffCoug · 8/6/2010

Advertisement
M
MTM
Oh c'mon.



You can't understand on any level why he might do that?



Steve Tate or Gunther shows up at the Y on Saturday. You think Bronco lets him pull up a chair and watch?
B
byucougar1
His dismissal from observing a Yewt practice is rare given he spoke disparaging remarks about the Y's chance vs UW and our projected season this year. Wonder how he would be received/treated at a Y practice.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
MTM wrote:
Oh c'mon.



You can't understand on any level why he might do that?



Steve Tate shows up at the Y on Saturday. You think Bronco lets him pull up a chair and watch?

Whitt is basically saying that Jan has no integrity. That Jan does not take his new job seriously. That Jan is going to be on the phone with Bronco or a BYU coach/GA immediately following practice. That Jan somehow has some ulterior motive other than to report the goings on of Ute practice like every other reporter.



Nice Whitt. Way to put zero trust or faith in people.



And no, I don't think if Steve Tate showed up as a representative of a credentialed media outlet would Bronco dismiss him. Of course, it would be on Tate to behave professionally (which is possible Jan wasn't doing - in which case Whitt would be justified). But if Tate was dismissed simply because he used to be a Utah player (like it appears Jan was for being a former BYU player) then yes, it would be highly inappropriate to dismiss him from practice.



If Tate just showed up on his own then Bronco would be within his rights to have him leave. But if Tate is being paid to be there, then he should be allowed to be there.



And don't turn this into a Bronco issue. This is a Whitt issue, who is apparently really struggling with how to react with the media now that his team is in the "big time." Why do Utah coaches have little respect for the local media? See Boylen yelling at Monson last year as well.
G
Guest
Pretty stupid and low class, expect nothing less.
Advertisement
M
MTM
Kyle is paranoid and always has been I'll grant that.



And you're right in that at this point all we know is what Harmon has tweeted. Maybe Jan was being inappropriate and maybe not. Why Jan and not Hans? I don't know and either do you.



It's not a Bronco thing but you don't know that it's a Kyle thing either. Let's face it Jan isn't the most objective radio guy out there and he shouldn't be. That it their schtick.



If it comes out that Jan was minding his business and doing his job then of course he should've been allowed to stay.



None of us know why, what, or how. But the OP sure was quick to throw the classless tag out and that is as old as all BYU fans are condesending pr**ks and holier than thou.



I don't like generalizations on either side. I'm willing to hold judgement until I know more. Are you?
S
SpiffCoug
Yes.



Prediction: this is a big story tomorrow on 1280. They don't like anything but the royal treatment for their staff. They'll jump on any chance to go after one of the local coaches.
M
MTM
kitic77 wrote:
Yes.



Prediction: this is a big story tomorrow on 1280. They don't like anything but the royal treatment for their staff. They'll jump on any chance to go after one of the local coaches.


I'll be curious to hear what they say too.



Maybe Kyle did act irrationally and like a jerk. I'm not saying it's beyond him. I'd just like to know more, that's all.
B
byutx
MTM wrote:
Oh c'mon.



You can't understand on any level why he might do that?



Steve Tate or Gunther shows up at the Y on Saturday. You think Bronco lets him pull up a chair and watch?

What are you talking about? Gunther was at some practices last year, as was Brian "nice" Johnson, IIRC. He and Brian "hey, who is your current mobile provider" Johnson have been treated with nothing but respect from BYU's staff. Kryle is just being his regular d-bag self.



Max was right, at least with regard to certain yewts.
C
Cougs_Rule
I have to agree with MTM's original comment. Call me classless, but I wouldnt want Kyle Gunther, who lacks credibility almost as much as Jan as a media person. Kyle has more time on the mic, but just as soon kick his fanny out of BYU's practice--Kyle has even said the yewts will dominate BYU the next 4-5 years.

TRANSLATION: Jan is still way too connected to the Y emotionally and by time proximity.

Hans hasnt gotten kicked out. Harman hasnt gotten kicked out.

It really is no biggie. And it was kind of arrogant of Jan to think he could even get in.

And besides, he probably attended hoping for a controversy so they have something to talk about on their sometimes pathetic show.

C'MON Gunther! Come on down to Provo on saturday! Lets make it two for two!
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Really? I am supposed to care that a former BYU player got tossed from the first U practice of the season? Really? Could care less. Next thing I know, you guys will start saying that 1280 on air guys are actually in the media. Please....
C
Cougs_Rule
Allright, I give in. After reading byutx's comments there does seem to be some precedents. It will be good to get more data. hard to believe Jan was acting out. He's not an idiot. But yes, this does sound like Klassless-Kryle. This year's rivalry game is going to be very heated! Why is it that those Kry-babie utes and ute fans have such tender skin? I have never seen a group of people hang on to a grudge as much. I know this is a bit off topic, but its pathetic. We BYU fans have our self-righteousness, hypocritical tendencies; even some occasional swearing and harassing. But how many ute fans have all of us run into who are seriously and deeply hurt my Max Hall's comments? As if they have no clue as to what Max referenced. They can dish it out but cant take it. Classless!
M
MTM
dmcougar wrote:
Allright, I give in. After reading byutx's comments there does seem to be some precedents. It will be good to get more data. hard to believe Jan was acting out. He's not an idiot. But yes, this does sound like Klassless-Kryle. This year's rivalry game is going to be very heated! Why is it that those Kry-babie utes and ute fans have such tender skin? I have never seen a group of people hang on to a grudge as much. I know this is a bit off topic, but its pathetic. We BYU fans have our self-righteousness, hypocritical tendencies; even some occasional swearing and harassing. But how many ute fans have all of us run into who are seriously and deeply hurt my Max Hall's comments? As if they have no clue as to what Max referenced. They can dish it out but cant take it. Classless!


Gee whiz that was a quick 180 :lol:

or as Karl Malone would say you did a complete 360
C
Cougs_Rule
so hears a 270. Kryle's still Classless. Jan is not media and shouldnt have been there. And this event is a laughable drama.
C
CannonCougar85
Didn't Kyle put up a huge fence and black tarp around his practice field a few years ago? Can anybody confirm that?



Kyle is pretty darn paranoid about BYU though. I swear he could go 11-1 and if that one loss is to BYU he would consider it a lost season.
Advertisement
M
MTM
CannonCougar85 wrote:
Didn't Kyle put up a huge fence and black tarp around his practice field a few years ago? Can anybody confirm that?



Kyle is pretty darn paranoid about BYU though. I swear he could go 11-1 and if that one loss is to BYU he would consider it a lost season.


Yes about the black tarp.



Honestly I think Kyle might be worried about a little John Cooper disease setting in. I know I've worried about it.
J
JamieVallen
CannonCougar85 wrote:
Didn't Kyle put up a huge fence and black tarp around his practice field a few years ago? Can anybody confirm that?

That's what the KSL chopper is for right? To spy on Utah practices and bring their schemes back to BYU?
C
CougarClaw
kitic77 wrote:
Oh c'mon.



You can't understand on any level why he might do that?



Steve Tate shows up at the Y on Saturday. You think Bronco lets him pull up a chair and watch?

Whitt is basically saying that Jan has no integrity. That Jan does not take his new job seriously. That Jan is going to be on the phone with Bronco or a BYU coach/GA immediately following practice. That Jan somehow has some ulterior motive other than to report the goings on of Ute practice like every other reporter.



Nice Whitt. Way to put zero trust or faith in people.


What about BYU's role in all this?



If Jan were to call Bronco and say "Hey coach, wait till I tell you what I saw at the :utard: practice today" that Bronco would give him even a second more to speak? He'd yell at him for trying to compromise his integrity, question whether Jan learned anything from him, and hang up on him!



Even if the U's practice was chock full of BYU spies, you really think a character-building institution would seek/take or use that kind of information? That's not just an affront to Jan's integrity but a complete lack of respect for a vanishing rivalry.
C
CannonCougar85
jmvcougar wrote:
Didn't Kyle put up a huge fence and black tarp around his practice field a few years ago? Can anybody confirm that?

That's what the KSL chopper is for right? To spy on Utah practices and bring their schemes back to BYU?


In that case I bet Kyle is hoping to buy some surface to air missiles with his new found PAC money. (And when I say "new found" what I mean to say is "eventual money as it gradually rolls in during Utahs 10 year installment plan.")
F
Florwood
CannonCougar85 wrote:
Kyle is pretty darn paranoid about BYU though. I swear he could go 11-1 and if that one loss is to BYU he would consider it a lost season.


I could see being bitter over an 11-1 regular season that included a loss to Utah...just think, Utah giving us the one loss that keeps us out of a bcs game. It would be like losing to them 3-0....
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.