Archived Topic

Utah State vs. BYU Game to Air on ESPN

by Italics · 8/1/2010

Advertisement
I
Italics
Don't be surprised if the Utah State forums are littered with "this is the year we beat BYU! And in front of a national audience!" comments during the weeks leading up to this game.



Wouldn't it be SWEET if BYU were entering this game with a 4-0 record and top 25 ranking after impressive victories over Washington, Air Force, Florida State, and Nevada? Hey, I can dream, can't I?
S
SpiffCoug
I wonder if we can get the double one-finger salute again from the student body? Or can we get the "Overrated!" chant starting in the third quarter when they're only down by 28 instead of down 21 in the fourth?
B
Brayden Green
I thought that was extremely weird, them chanting "overrated" when we had a 2-3 TD lead and where coasting with our 2nd and 3rd team units...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
I get to a point where Aggie fans were coming from. We were up 24-0 pretty early in the 2nd quarter and we did kind of go to sleep and go through the motions the rest of the way. But none of that changes the that their team was getting killed.



And the way Bronco let the team go through those motions led to the team thinking they were better than they were and, in my opinion, contributed to the malaise that infected the team and led to their poor performance against TCU, Utah and Arizona later in the year.



Don't take your foot off your opponents. You can play 2nd and 3rd team units, but they need to play hard as if they were starting a game and not finishing off a blowout.
B
BYULV
I agree with Kitic's assessment of that game and the effect it had on the rest of our season. I hope this year's team has that killer instinct and doesn't give mercy until 40 mins are up. I don't mean for them to do an onside kick while up 40 or anything like that, but running the same handoff up the middle 3 straight downs is worthless. At least let the backups play the same gameplan and let the opponent practice stopping it. If both teams are going to just let the time run out without really playing the game, why not just call the game at that point and we can all go home.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.