Archived Topic

Uona Kaveinga

by mcgregor · 7/29/2010

Advertisement
M
mcgregor
Any guesses as to the impending announcement?



He faced a unique situation in the fact that he transferred before the NCAA ruling. But I'm guessing we hear that he gets to play . . . announcement coming soon, perhaps.
L
Lawboy
mcgregor wrote:
Any guesses as to the impending announcement?



He faced a unique situation in the fact that he transferred before the NCAA ruling. But I'm guessing we hear that he gets to play . . . announcement coming soon, perhaps.


I suspect he will be playing in 2010. And I suspect a ruling will come down prior to Fall camp.
M
mcgregor
Lawboy wrote:
Any guesses as to the impending announcement?



He faced a unique situation in the fact that he transferred before the NCAA ruling. But I'm guessing we hear that he gets to play . . . announcement coming soon, perhaps.


I suspect he will be playing in 2010. And I suspect a ruling will come down prior to Fall camp.


Or even today.
M
MTM
I thought I heard yesterday that he is in California which I found very odd.



Is he in Provo? I would think he would be practicing.
D
Ddawg
MTM wrote:
I thought I heard yesterday that he is in California which I found very odd.



Is he in Provo? I would think he would be practicing.


It's only a 120 min. plane flight. If he is in Calif., it's no biggie getting back up there. He's probably doing some family time - prior to a kick ass summer practice - to get ready for a GREAT 2010 Football Season as a Cougar!!! I expect good news once the NCAA rules.
Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
i expect good news. No reason for Uona to be punished for acting faster than the NCAA.
M
MTM
Ddawg wrote:
I thought I heard yesterday that he is in California which I found very odd.



Is he in Provo? I would think he would be practicing.


It's only a 120 min. plane flight. If he is in Calif., it's no biggie getting back up there. He's probably doing some family time - prior to a kick ass summer practice - to get ready for a GREAT 2010 Football Season as a Cougar!!! I expect good news once the NCAA rules.


I know. I just thought he might stay close to bond and workout with the fellas.
W
WACoug
mcgregor wrote:
mcgregor wrote:
Any guesses as to the impending announcement?



He faced a unique situation in the fact that he transferred before the NCAA ruling. But I'm guessing we hear that he gets to play . . . announcement coming soon, perhaps.


I suspect he will be playing in 2010. And I suspect a ruling will come down prior to Fall camp.


Or even today.


Right on. This is going to really help our D. Thanks for the bone. ;)
D
Ddawg
CougarClaw wrote:
i expect good news. No reason for Uona to be punished for acting faster than the NCAA.


Ditto!! Bam!
J
jonnylingo
I expect he wont be playing. I am not optimistic about him getting clearance. I sure hope I am wrong. His parents still want him to go on a mission whether he gets clearance or not. if he his back in california i wonder if his parents aren't putting on the full court press.
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
mcgregor wrote:
mcgregor wrote:
Any guesses as to the impending announcement?



He faced a unique situation in the fact that he transferred before the NCAA ruling. But I'm guessing we hear that he gets to play . . . announcement coming soon, perhaps.


I suspect he will be playing in 2010. And I suspect a ruling will come down prior to Fall camp.


Or even today.


Just when I thought you had the early scoop; no news....
M
mcgregor
craigoscarson wrote:
Lawboy wrote:
Any guesses as to the impending announcement?



He faced a unique situation in the fact that he transferred before the NCAA ruling. But I'm guessing we hear that he gets to play . . . announcement coming soon, perhaps.


I suspect he will be playing in 2010. And I suspect a ruling will come down prior to Fall camp.


Or even today.


Just when I thought you had the early scoop; no news....


While I had nothing solid, I did receive a quick note from someone that should know. Apparently I misunderstood him.
C
CougarPeasant
It would be good to have him on the field. Another upper classman to steady the troops when they need it most.



Any more info you might have on BYU's chances of getting a BCS conference invite?
M
Mars


Something cool I just read about:

USC is petitioning the NCAA that Uona Kaveinga be allowed to play for BYU this season.



Pretty decent of them for once, eh?
S
stuckinbig10country
Mars wrote:


Something cool I just read about:

USC is petitioning the NCAA that Uona Kaveinga be allowed to play for BYU this season.



Pretty decent of them for once, eh?


Since the regime change, and let's face it, they changed everyone, USC has been doing and saying mostly the right things. Kiffin still shoots his mouth off occasionally, but they are making strides in the right direction.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Kiffin is doing this to score points, Nothing more. We just happen to like those points. The man is maniacal and very manipulative.

Besides, not sure that helps us given the ncaa folks arent too happy with USCheaters.
C
craigoscarson
Kiffin needs all the help he can get; when your LDS "leader" cold cocks a kid to the point of facial surgery, you know you're in for a long year.



Uona escaped at just the right time and Stanley Havili just put an exclamation point on his incredibly mediocre USC career.
M
MTM
craigoscarson wrote:
Kiffin needs all the help he can get; when your LDS "leader" cold cocks a kid to the point of facial surgery, you know you're in for a long year.



Uona escaped at just the right time and Stanley Havili just put an exclamation point on his incredibly mediocre USC career.


Harvey? Are you listening?
J
jonnylingo
Mars wrote:


Something cool I just read about:

USC is petitioning the NCAA that Uona Kaveinga be allowed to play for BYU this season.



Pretty decent of them for once, eh?


And where did you read this? Link?
S
scott715
I read it too but don't remember where.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.