S
scott715http://byu.scout.com/2/986834.html sounds like they are leaning toward Heaps.
by scott715 · 7/27/2010
kitic77 wrote:
I thought Bronco gave some very interesting insight to the battle.
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=498&sid=11747418
Both QBs showed inconsistency in spring ball. Heaps tailed off a tad at the end and Nelson really picked up his game towards the end.
Lawboy wrote:
It all comes down to what Bronco will value more. Does he want experience, or does he want the more talented guy to play. And it really is that simple. You really can not argue that Riley is as gifted physically or as polished of a passer that Heaps is, or Munss for that matter. But Heaps lacks Nelson's D-1 experience and time in the program. All things being equal, Bronco has favored experience over raw skill pretty much all the time. Especially with leadership mixed in, or what he perceives as leadership.
I still think Nelson will start game 1 v. UW, Heaps/Munns will play and it will go that way until game 5 or so. Munns has an outside chance as well with his RS year in the program so he knows the offense, if he can shake off the mission rust. I think the outsider will be Lark, and would not be shocked to see him transfer, and I would not blame him, either