Archived Topic

Sorry, expansion question

by Cougarpoke · 7/27/2010

Advertisement
C
Cougarpoke
I know, I know, everyone, including me, is extremely sick of all the talk about expansion and if or when it will happen. But, as I was reading on other BYU message boards there seems to be a general consensus that BYU will be offered an invite to the Big XII by August 1st. I have fallen victim to many rumors in my life, but they all seemed to have great arguments, and so I, in my feeble mind, assumed that perhaps that would happen. Then it dawned on me...August 1st is next week!!! So, what are the chances that we are invited to the Big XII next week? I am hopeful, but don't think it will happen. I think there would be more "smoke" about the situation than there is right now. I figure if BYU is ever going to be included into expansion, it will not be until next year or the yea after. Anyone else out there have any information about this phantom August 1st deadline.



P.S. Please don't ridicule my newest topic, I am only interested in the August 1st thing and not really interested in people screaming at me for even bringing up this topic.
S
SpiffCoug
The only deadline is 1 September. At that time, BYU is locked into the MWC for the 2011 season. They could announce after that time for a move in 2012. The August 1st deadline is some arbitrary date someone may or may have heard as being set, but it holds no binding.
C
CougarClaw
Ever since Holmoe's ill-fated fishing trip, I haven't heard a peep about an invite that wasn't idol speculation (not idle, mind you).



The most relevant news was Holmoe's last media interview which seemed to hint (to me at least) that BYU was spending a lot more time looking at independence.



Don't hold your breath August 1st; you'd be better off going out to buy the new Starcraft game.
S
scott715
It looks like no Big12 invite this year. We will go to 2011 and see if we get the AQ. If not and no Big12 invite, Holmoe will not go independent but will form a new conference, hand picking teams that will earn the AQ invite (that is mine speculation for his new opportunity)
B
Brayden Green
snowball's chance in hell. So go throw a snowball on salt lake main, and see how it does :)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.