Archived Topic

FSU loses a starting Linebacker

by Mars · 7/27/2010

Advertisement
F
Florwood
Nice to have the local police dept. backing up the football team:



"A police report also noted Carr was arrested shortly before midnight on July 22 and charged with possession of marijuana and pleaded with police not to take him to jail.



“No, no,” Carr said when being handcuffed that night. “I can’t go to jail.”



A sympathetic officer then agreed to issue a notice to appear since Carr had no previous record and was cooperative, the police report said."







-----and I love Southern names. Carr's backup at LB is Mister Alexander...no, not a title, his first name is Mister.
C
CAFB_04-12
There used to be a player on the BYU team with a first name of G. Just G.
S
scott715
Pittman?
M
Mars
Florwood wrote:
-----and I love Southern names. Carr's backup at LB is Mister Alexander...no, not a title, his first name is Mister.

It's not just the south. One of Washington's linebacker is named "Shirley".



I even hear there's a football coach out there named "Bronco". I wonder what a guy with a name like that would name his kids?
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
One of my drill sergeants at Basic was Stacey Cooper. Guy was one big, tough dude. Stacey is a girl's name, IMO, and still is. But I don't think he got made fun of too much because of it.
I
imuakahuku
The negative is that his backup is better at pass rush than he is. I hope they are both pathetic in pass coverage.



I like how the coach said it is an automatic suspension if it is a felony. Conviction or charge? And what a one week suspension during fall ball? I think the kid will be on the field (if not in jail) when we show up in Tallahassee. I'm just waiting for Jimbo to do the Ore. thing and talk big up front then backtrack in the name of "compassion".
C
CougarClaw
kitic77 wrote:
One of my drill sergeants at Basic was Stacey Cooper. Guy was one big, tough dude. Stacey is a girl's name, IMO, and still is. But I don't think he got made fun of too much because of it.


Big guy I knew in HS was named Ashley. Don't think he got picked on much either.



So it wasn't so strange when my English nephew was named Ashley either.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.