Archived Topic

Betters don't like BYU this year

by Mars · 7/21/2010

Advertisement
M
Mars
http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2010-07-20/accuscore-investor-top-five-college-football-futures



BYU under 8 wins (-120)



"Vegas is daring you to go over with this pick and is giving you +140 to do so. I don't buy that BYU will be good this season. The Cougars will be underdogs in four of their games in 2010 (Washington, at Florida State, at TCU and at Utah). Realistically, the only winnable game for the Cougars in that stretch is the home opener against Washington. Furthermore, BYU lost Max Hall, Dennis Pitta, Bryan Kariya and Harvey Unga on offense. While the offensive line remains intact, BYU must replace too much firepower and has few proven reserves to fill those voids. From a talent standpoint, BYU is not superior to the average teams in its conference, and losses in 1-2 games against the middle third would not surprise me."





This guy is full of crap and has no clue what he's talking about.
S
SpiffCoug
He is full of crap and has no clue what he's talking about, but setting the line at 8 wins for BYU is brilliant. BYU has four very losable games. Like he said, Vegas is daring you to take the over, because I don't think anyone is going to take the under. And if they win 8, Vegas pushes, so they win. And if I'm correct in my reading, if you take the over, you have to bet $140 to win $100. It's a bad bet.
D
Ddawg
As I went over the schedule - my assessment was pretty close to his. I think we'll be lucky (the four games listed: Washington, Florida St., TCU, & Yewtah) to win 2 of the 4. I believe our best chances are against UW & Utah - but nail biters. Florida St. & TCU are going to be really tough. As always, I want to win every game!!!! But, there is reality - and we are playing some good teams during a

re-building year.



As always - I'm hoping Bronco pulls a rabbit out of his hat!! He has done it before.

8)
S
scott715
RELOADING year but it could take all year to finally get loaded.
R
redneckjedi
We're gonna beat UW, you can take that to the bank. If we could beat Oklahoma with a raw O-line, no Harvey, a mission-rusty McKay Jacobsen, and untested corners, overcoming 4 turnovers in the process, in Dallas, we can beat Washington in Provo. I would be willing to say we beat them regardless of who is under center. Heck, put Covey under center, I'd still take BYU in that matchup. Bronco will have us ready.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
redneckjedi wrote:
We're gonna beat UW, you can take that to the bank. If we could beat Oklahoma with a raw O-line, no Harvey, a mission-rusty McKay Jacobsen, and untested corners, overcoming 4 turnovers in the process, in Dallas, we can beat Washington in Provo. I would be willing to say we beat them regardless of who is under center. Heck, put Covey under center, I'd still take BYU in that matchup. Bronco will have us ready.

I fully agree. I just wonder if this is the year Bronco loses to a MWC not named TCU or Utah. He's only lost to those schools the last four years. In fact the only other MWC team to beat Bronco is SDSU in his first year. Bronco has NEVER lost to: Air Force, Colorado St, New Mexico, UNLV, or Wyoming. Is this the year one of them surprises us? We travel to Air Force, and CSU this year.



Personally, I think we go 8-0 in the other games. And I think we go 1-3 in the "big" four games.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.