Archived Topic

How Jake Heaps Changed My Life

by Metallicat · 7/20/2010

Advertisement
M
Metallicat
I'm bored and thought I'd add another Jake Heaps thread to the count.



I was watching the Skyline vs Oak Christian game last season when I thought to myself "Wow, Washington is really pretty. I like the rain. If the Navy offers me a billet there I think I'll take it"



Fast forward to 2010. I call Medical Service Corps detailer and he asks "We have open billets in 29 Palms CA(umm, No thanks) Great Lakes IL(Wife tells me she doesn't want to live in or near Chicago. Hates the winters) Kings Bay GA(ehh Maybe) or......Everett WA.



I tell him "Everett sounds great".



Soooooooo, I graduate next month, take the boards in Sept, go to ODS in Oct and move to Washington in November. (oh, and my wife had a baby boy on the 4th of July. Not a dull month for the rest of the year.)



And that is how Jake Heaps changed my life.



Munns for Quarterback ;)
I
Italics
you know it's true what they say... that there can only be one.
M
Mars


You need to walk around wearing a t-shirt that says "Jake Heaps chose BYU". See what the locals say.
I
imuakahuku
So did you name the boy Jake?



Jake Washington Matalicat :D



Oh and gratz on the baby boy! We just had our 5th (and final) on the 11th. We did it Pioneer style too, no doctors or nurses-just me and her in the room :bug: . Although it wasn't by choice, Dr's left the room, baby crowned, nurse ran in terror to find doctors or closet not sure which, and I got to be the "attending" and make sure the cord was not wrapped and all that good stuff until they did come back into the room. Our DR did eventually show up, the next morn to say sorry for putting her pager on vibrate.



I now scoff at Rambo, my wife never got anything (for pain/anesthesia) until after they stitched her up! Try that Jonny Rambo!
M
Metallicat
Actually, we named him Max.
Advertisement
I
imuakahuku
Metallicat wrote:
Actually, we named him Max.


Max Jake Metallicat



I like it! :crazy:
G
Guest
Congrats Metallicat, it sounds like a busy summer for you with lots of good things happening!
F
Florwood
Congrats to Metallicat and imuakahuku both. imua, what is your son's name?
I
imuakahuku
Sorry we had a girl. Her name is Emma. Thanks
G
Guest
imuakahuku wrote:
Sorry we had a girl. Her name is Emma. Thanks


Congrats, imuakahuku, I've always loved that name for a girl.
Advertisement
M
Mars
hawkwing wrote:
S orry we had a girl. Her name is Emma. Thanks
Congrats, imuakahuku, I've always loved that name for a girl.

"Emma" is as popular a girl's name right now as... the movie Avatar.
G
Guest
Mars wrote:
imuakahuku wrote:
S orry we had a girl. Her name is Emma. Thanks
Congrats, imuakahuku, I've always loved that name for a girl.

"Emma" is as popular a girl's name right now as... the movie Avatar.

It is, but it's also starting to die off as girls name their daughters after Twilight characters (it lost the #1 spot to Isabella, I think, the first time in several years).
S
SpiffCoug
Bruce Springsteen changed my life. I went to his concert in 2000 in SLC. The next day, I met my wife for the first time.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.