Archived Topic

Inception

by snoscythe · 7/18/2010

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
See it. See it tonight. Steal your kids' mission money if you have to. This movie absolutely blew my mind. Edge of my seat for two-and-a-half hours straight. It is a movie I will be watching more than once in the theater--probably while my wife goes back to another vampire movie.



Christopher Nolan is the bomb. That is all.



[youtube]xitHF0IPJSQ[/youtube]
I
Italics
snoscythe wrote:
See it. See it tonight. Steal your kids' mission money if you have to. This movie absolutely blew my mind. Edge of my seat for two-and-a-half hours straight. It is a movie I will be watching more than once in the theater--probably while my wife goes back to another vampire movie.



Christopher Nolan is the bomb. That is all.



[youtube]xitHF0IPJSQ[/youtube]


But you also liked Avatar....
D
Ddawg
My daughter (21) and my son (17) went & saw Inception last night. They had the same reaction as "Sno." Very positive.
S
snoscythe
Italics wrote:
But you also liked Avatar....


Sez the guy who liked Prince of Persia.... ;)
I
Italics
snoscythe wrote:
But you also liked Avatar....


Sez the guy who liked Prince of Persia.... ;)


I'd say a B- is more in "it entertained me" category.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Italics wrote:
Italics wrote:
But you also liked Avatar....


Sez the guy who liked Prince of Persia.... ;)


I'd say a B- is more in "it entertained me" category.


So you both have crappy taste in movies, but even people like you can appreciate a really good movie which lately only come around when Christopher Nolan directs them. ;)
M
Mars
Italics wrote:
But you also liked Avatar...

So did the rest of the universe, apparently, judging by how much money it made.
G
Guest
I have never seen Avatar or Prince of Persia.



I thoroughly enjoyed Inception, and enjoy it more and more the more I think about it, well after the film is over. That's the sign of a good movie.
L
Lawboy
snoscythe wrote:
See it. See it tonight. Steal your kids' mission money if you have to. This movie absolutely blew my mind. Edge of my seat for two-and-a-half hours straight. It is a movie I will be watching more than once in the theater--probably while my wife goes back to another vampire movie.



Christopher Nolan is the bomb. That is all.



[youtube]xitHF0IPJSQ[/youtube]


Inception is the coolest movie of the year. And the script is tight, not matter how you perceived things, Just awesome all the way around. All I can say is that Christopher Nolan is one of the few writer/directors to come up with original material. Memento was cool too, as was The Prestige. And the latest Batman movies actually saved the comic books movies from themselves.



By the way Avatar ( or as I like to call it--Dances with the Last SamuraiVatar) was fun as was Prince of Persia. They both entertained, which is what I paid for.
A
ABYUFAN
Mars wrote:
But you also liked Avatar...

So did the rest of the universe, apparently, judging by how much money it made.

Well, I rented it, and turned it off halfway through preferring sleep to that movie. I just didn't "get it"
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
ABYUFAN wrote:
Italics wrote:
But you also liked Avatar...

So did the rest of the universe, apparently, judging by how much money it made.

Well, I rented it, and turned it off halfway through preferring sleep to that movie. I just didn't "get it"


The storyline was a bore. The only thing of value in Avatar was the 3D, which was amazing.
L
Lawboy
snoscythe wrote:

The storyline was a bore. The only thing of value in Avatar was the 3D, which was amazing.


The storyline was a complete rehash. It was basically Dancing with Wolves and The Last Samurai all over again, except set in space with big blue people. But the 3-D was awesome.
S
snoscythe
Lawboy wrote:

The storyline was a bore. The only thing of value in Avatar was the 3D, which was amazing.


The storyline was a complete rehash. It was basically Dancing with Wolves and The Last Samurai all over again, except set in space with big blue people. But the 3-D was awesome.


Don't forget Pocahontas.
S
Schmoe
Don't forget the miserable dialogue, forgettable acting, one-dimensional characters, predictable everything, etc. etc. etc.
C
CougarPeasant
snoscythe wrote:
snoscythe wrote:

The storyline was a bore. The only thing of value in Avatar was the 3D, which was amazing.


The storyline was a complete rehash. It was basically Dancing with Wolves and The Last Samurai all over again, except set in space with big blue people. But the 3-D was awesome.


Don't forget Pocahontas.


or Ferngully.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.