Archived Topic

All 7 BYU All American QB's at UW game

by Florwood · 7/14/2010

Advertisement
C
CannonCougar85
Florwood wrote:
Including McMahon! I'll love seeing them all together. It will include a half time presentation, which should be extra interesting for Sarkisian as the UW head coach...



http://sltrib.com/sltrib/blogs/byusports/49928319-65/byu-quarterback-weekend-edwards.html.csp


What are the chances that Sark participates in any of it? I don't doubt that he wants to but as a head coach for a D-1 program he's a pretty busy guy that week.
L
Lawboy
Y Quarterback Weekend baby!!! Looks like they are hoping to raise money for a BYU Quarterback scholarship fund. Interesting. Best way around the NCAA limit on football onlyschollies is to have outside schollies to give as well.
B
byutx
Lawboy wrote:
Y Quarterback Weekend baby!!! Looks like they are hoping to raise money for a BYU Quarterback scholarship fund. Interesting. Best way around the NCAA limit on football onlyschollies is to have outside schollies to give as well.

I don't think that's how it works. The limits still apply. They're just trying to create an endowment for 4 scholarships (where the interest covers the costs) aimed specifically at the QB position.
D
Ddawg
I am excited to read that Jim McMahon will be there!! That's great. I hope he is treated well - as I trust all the QB's will be. This is really good news. It will make for a good day - along with a "W."

8)
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Awesome! And I've got to miss it! I'll be in Boston that weekend. I'm not even sure I'll be able to watch the game.
B
BYUBALLIN
wow jim mcmahon the reason i love the Cougs. Any chance those guys will do an autograph session. this is gonna be so cool.
S
SpiffCoug
BYUBALLIN wrote:
wow jim mcmahon the reason i love the Cougs. Any chance those guys will do an autograph session. this is gonna be so cool.

Look. I'm going to be out of town. So let's just tone down how awesome and coll this is going to be, okay?
S
snoscythe
byutx wrote:
Y Quarterback Weekend baby!!! Looks like they are hoping to raise money for a BYU Quarterback scholarship fund. Interesting. Best way around the NCAA limit on football onlyschollies is to have outside schollies to give as well.

I don't think that's how it works. The limits still apply. They're just trying to create an endowment for 4 scholarships (where the interest covers the costs) aimed specifically at the QB position.


Yeah, the limits will still apply, but BYU will have that much more coin to spend in other directions. What's funny is the fact they are doing a fundraiser for $1 Million--that's less than what Steve Young is STILL getting paid every year from his 40 year annuity he got as part of his compensation from his USFL days. Come on Steve--cough it up.
G
Guest
kitic77 wrote:
wow jim mcmahon the reason i love the Cougs. Any chance those guys will do an autograph session. this is gonna be so cool.

Look. I'm going to be out of town. So let's just tone down how awesome and coll this is going to be, okay?


Sorry you'll be out of town, this thing is going to be off the HOOK. WICKED AWESOME! :D
Advertisement
K
KYCoug
Ddawg wrote:
I am excited to read that Jim McMahon will be there!! That's great. I hope he is treated well - as I trust all the QB's will be. This is really good news. It will make for a good day - along with a "W."

8)


That will truly be a sight to see. I'd love to have a poster with these guys at midfield being honored during the game.



Hey maybe someone can sign McMahon up for a couple of classes while he's there to help him graduate!!!



Go Cougs!!!



L Hatton

Louisville, KY
S
SpiffCoug
[quote="KYCoug]Hey maybe someone can sign McMahon up for a couple of classes while he's there to help him graduate!!![/quote]

We should get someone to offer free tutoring for any and all classes he needs. Get someone to volunteer to drive him to the testing center or offer to proctor a test elsewhere. Anything to get this guy graduated and into the BYU hall of fame.
C
CougarClaw
If there ever was a game to sneak signs into the stands, this would be it.



Let him know the Cougar Populace wants him in the HOF and regardless of how he left, to gett'er done!
K
kjjson
CannonCougar85 wrote:
Including McMahon! I'll love seeing them all together. It will include a half time presentation, which should be extra interesting for Sarkisian as the UW head coach...



http://sltrib.com/sltrib/blogs/byusports/49928319-65/byu-quarterback-weekend-edwards.html.csp


What are the chances that Sark participates in any of it? I don't doubt that he wants to but as a head coach for a D-1 program he's a pretty busy guy that week.


Sark will participate, he has been invited to coach the opposing team.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.