Archived Topic

If FIFA Were the BCS...

by Italics · 7/8/2010

Advertisement
I
Italics
this Sunday's World Cup game would be played between Brazil and England.



That is all.







(EDIT: Just saw Boise's post... I don't care, I'm posting this anyway)
I
imuakahuku
And if Dennis Erickson were the coach of Brazil he would insist that they deserve to be in the finals because they are better than the Netherlands since the Netherlands lost to Australia (2008), who got hammered by Germany, who in turn lost to Serbia, who lost to New Zealand, who lost to Mexico, who lost to Uruguay, who lost to Peru, who lost to Chile, who Brazil pummeled! So you see, Brazil is better than the Netherlands and is the team that deserves to be in the final. Oh, and if they were to lose that game they should still be crowned World Cup Champs because they beat the team that beat the team...that beat Spain.
L
Lawboy
Mingjai wrote:
If FIFA were the BCS, the World Cup Final would be between Brazil and Spain. With Portugal and the Netherlands in the third place game.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html


And I think most people would be thrilled with a Brazil-Spain final in that scenario.



Except me. Hup Holland!


The Orange. I went to 1 World Cup match when he US hosted in 1994, and it was Holland v. Saudi Arabia. So I have a soft spot for the Orange.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.