Archived Topic

Looming NBA Lockout and Jimmer

by CougarClaw · 7/3/2010

Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=adande_ja&page=FreeAgency-100702



So according to multiple sources, there is definitely going to be a lockout in the NBA next year as they work out stricter pay rules on player salaries.



Sounds like our boy Jimmer is going to be entering a world of stricter pay limits even as a first rounder. I wonder how much money he'll have foregone by coming back to play this year
C
craigoscarson
There's money in europe if there's a lockout; Jimmer will get paid one way or another (they'll play a lot in europe for the right players)
G
Gunk
I doubt he would have gone in the first round this year, so I don't think he "missed" out on much money. May not get as much next draft had there not been a lock out, though.



Personally, I think it's a good thing. Too many kids showing up to their first day of work in the NBA making more than the guys that have already been there playing. I'd get mad if I knew some rookie was already making more than me based largely off of potential.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.