Archived Topic

Cougarboard Really Makes BYU/Mormons Easy Targets

by Italics · 7/2/2010

Advertisement
I
Italics
between the gullible fans that believe every single "BYU to Big 12" rumor that comes out (despite all the proceeding ones always turning out to have been complete BS), the uptight "holier than thou" mormons, and the handfuls and handfuls of posters who can't tolerate even the most slightly negative or unflattering comment toward BYU without freaking out and calling you names, Cougarboard truly does produce a lot of embarrassing fans for BYU.



I really wish that when other college football fans searched for a BYU forum that cougarcorner would come up first. Heck, even cougarblue would be a more respectable representation...
B
BigCougsFan
That place is just sad, funny, embarassing, entertaining, etc...



Every team has their bad fans. We just know where ours are at.
B
blue42
BigCougsFan wrote:
That place is just sad, funny, embarassing, entertaining, etc...



Every team has their bad fans. We just know where ours are at.


If a BYU fan thinks there are no bad BYU fans that just means you are one of them!



Just like the saying goes if you are standing with 3 friends and the stats say 1 in 4 people is a complete moron and you can't figure out who in your group it is, then it's probably you!
B
byutx
Troll. :)
B
blue42
I guess that means if I can't find any bad BYU fans on this board than I must be the bad one. :lol:
Advertisement
S
scott715
They have a lot more volume so that would explain why internet searches find it first.
R
redneckjedi
They also have an AWFUL format for anyone interested in reading a thread like a conversation. A little AJAX could do them wonders as far as presentation. However, it would do nothing to help their content. ;)
S
Sammich
If my experience with various forums holds true, the popularity of Cougarboard is the REASON why it has so many stupid users. It's not necessarily a given that a small forum will have good users, but I guarantee that if CougarCorner came up first in the searches, we'd find ourselves drowning in idiotic, self-righteous, and flat-out awful users.
S
snoscythe
Sammich wrote:
If my experience with various forums holds true, the popularity of Cougarboard is the REASON why it has so many stupid users. It's not necessarily a given that a small forum will have good users, but I guarantee that if CougarCorner came up first in the searches, we'd find ourselves drowning in idiotic, self-righteous, and flat-out awful users.


I agree with this. I think the best forums are the ones with a small enough community that everyone has a pretty good feel for each other. Any bigger than that, and you lose the ability for the users to somewhat self-regulate.
C
CougarClaw
are you saying you miss the black helicopter, 9-11 conspiracy debates or debunking anything that came out of Airwolf's keyboard?
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
CougarClaw wrote:
are you saying you miss the black helicopter, 9-11 conspiracy debates or debunking anything that came out of Airwolf's keyboard?


If I did, I wouldn't be on this site. ;)
C
CannonCougar85
Italics wrote:
between the gullible fans that believe every single "BYU to Big 12" rumor that comes out (despite all the proceeding ones always turning out to have been complete BS), the uptight "holier than thou" mormons, and the handfuls and handfuls of posters who can't tolerate even the most slightly negative or unflattering comment toward BYU without freaking out and calling you names, Cougarboard truly does produce a lot of embarrassing fans for BYU.



I really wish that when other college football fans searched for a BYU forum that cougarcorner would come up first. Heck, even cougarblue would be a more respectable representation...


You forgot to mention that it is swarming with pUke trolls of the most annoying kind.



Also it is full of the most pessimistic BYU fans I have ever come across. And I'm not just talking about expansion. These are the type that when BYU loses it is the end of the world and the coaches need to be fired or all the starters need to be benched or both.



And the format on that site is absolutely dreadful. It is better then cougarfan but seriously get out of the 90's people.



I love the format and look of CougarCorner. Everybody on here is civil and polite and I can get a coherent opinion on both sides of an issue. That is why I post here and nowhere else. I come here first.



Well done fellow CCers, well done.
B
byutx
CannonCougar85 wrote:
between the gullible fans that believe every single "BYU to Big 12" rumor that comes out (despite all the proceeding ones always turning out to have been complete BS), the uptight "holier than thou" mormons, and the handfuls and handfuls of posters who can't tolerate even the most slightly negative or unflattering comment toward BYU without freaking out and calling you names, Cougarboard truly does produce a lot of embarrassing fans for BYU.



I really wish that when other college football fans searched for a BYU forum that cougarcorner would come up first. Heck, even cougarblue would be a more respectable representation...


You forgot to mention that it is swarming with pUke trolls of the most annoying kind.



Also it is full of the most pessimistic BYU fans I have ever come across. done.


Ironically, italics is one of those pessismistic BYU fans on rumorboard.
C
CougarClaw
byutx wrote:
Italics wrote:
between the gullible fans that believe every single "BYU to Big 12" rumor that comes out (despite all the proceeding ones always turning out to have been complete BS), the uptight "holier than thou" mormons, and the handfuls and handfuls of posters who can't tolerate even the most slightly negative or unflattering comment toward BYU without freaking out and calling you names, Cougarboard truly does produce a lot of embarrassing fans for BYU.



I really wish that when other college football fans searched for a BYU forum that cougarcorner would come up first. Heck, even cougarblue would be a more respectable representation...


You forgot to mention that it is swarming with pUke trolls of the most annoying kind.



Also it is full of the most pessimistic BYU fans I have ever come across. done.


Ironically, italics is one of those pessismistic BYU fans on rumorboard.


She should be benched.

Or fired.

Or both. ;)
B
BigCougsFan
CannonCougar85 wrote:
These are the type that when BYU loses it is the end of the world and the coaches need to be fired or all the starters need to be benched or both.


LOL -- That kills me when I hear Cougar fans screaming that garbage! They definitely are not the realistic type... BUT, wait a minute! I did that during the Crowton years!
Advertisement
C
CannonCougar85
byutx wrote:
Ironically, italics is one of those pessismistic BYU fans on rumorboard.


;)



Although I will say that he is not as doom and gloom as some.
S
Schmoe
BigCougsFan wrote:
These are the type that when BYU loses it is the end of the world and the coaches need to be fired or all the starters need to be benched or both.


LOL -- That kills me when I hear Cougar fans screaming that garbage!


Man, I really wish I could have seen that fan that I argued with about Brian Logan after he was named an All-American. Stupid fans are just...Stupid.
Y
Y 4 Ever
Whoa, whoa, whoa... BACK UP THE BOAT!



You mean ti tell me that there are other message boards besides Cougar Corner? Bullpuckey.
C
CannonCougar85
Schmoe wrote:
CannonCougar85 wrote:
These are the type that when BYU loses it is the end of the world and the coaches need to be fired or all the starters need to be benched or both.


LOL -- That kills me when I hear Cougar fans screaming that garbage!


Man, I really wish I could have seen that fan that I argued with about Brian Logan after he was named an All-American. Stupid fans are just...Stupid.


You wish you could have seen the fan that you were arguing with? Were your eyes closed? Or perhaps you are visually impaired, if that is the case then I commend you on your dedication to posting on CC as it must be difficult!!!

If you are visually impaired you probably look something like this :crazy:



Just kidding with ya ;) ;)
D
DarkWolf
Italics wrote:
between the gullible fans that believe every single "BYU to Big 12" rumor that comes out (despite all the proceeding ones always turning out to have been complete BS), the uptight "holier than thou" mormons, and the handfuls and handfuls of posters who can't tolerate even the most slightly negative or unflattering comment toward BYU without freaking out and calling you names, Cougarboard truly does produce a lot of embarrassing fans for BYU.



I really wish that when other college football fans searched for a BYU forum that cougarcorner would come up first. Heck, even cougarblue would be a more respectable representation...


As do you, every time you post on MWCBoard. Troll.
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.