Archived Topic

2010 Football Team Preview

by Mars · 6/30/2010

Advertisement
M
Mars


Mostly very well written... except where he twice states that last year, in 2009, Bronco Mendenhall printed up "Quest for Perfection" t-shirts. :skeptic:



http://cfn.scout.com/2/980772.html



Best quote:

"For all the firepower and all the offensive skill Mendenhall’s teams have had, it’s the defense that has dictated the success. BYU has lost 15 games since Bronco Mendenhall took over, and it allowed 30 points or more in 12 of them. Mendenhall has gone 4-12 when his teams have allowed at least 30 points, and have gone 41-3 when allowing fewer."
S
scott715
They have a depth chart at http://cfn.scout.com/2/980767.html. Will Reynolds go to the NFl after this year? I say yes for the money and there is a lot of talent that can take his place. They have Chambers higher ranked than Mckay. I say Mckay will have a breakout year after getting the rust off last season.



If you had to pick one game to dial in a win which one would it be? I say Utah. What are the chances that TCU and BSU go BCS again this year? I like the odds. After BSU joins the MWC can two teams go BCS?
L
Lawboy
That 2-deep is very preliminary. Does not include any incoming freshman, so can't say how accurate it is. Looks to be a best guess is all. And is makes me hope the RS freshman we have on roster can step in and play this year on the defensive line and LB spots..
S
scott715
They had Heaps and Stout on it.
L
Lawboy
scott715 wrote:
They had Heaps and Stout on it.


yeah, but that was it. I suspect we will see more freshman play this year. Especially a Phillips, Faboluje and maybe even Apo. That WR 2-deep did not thrill me, but the TE 3 deep sure did. And I think the LB was not accurate.
Advertisement
S
scott715
Juice will see action at RB too.
M
Mars
scott715 wrote:
Will Reynolds go to the NFl after this year? I say yes for the money and there is a lot of talent that can take his place.



They have Chambers higher ranked than Mckay. I say Mckay will have a breakout year after getting the rust off last season.



What are the chances that TCU and BSU go BCS again this year? I like the odds.



After BSU joins the MWC can two teams go BCS?

1- Yes, I think so. The kid is a huge talent and the NFL guys love him. Unfortunately for Bronco he's only getting older. It would be too bad to miss out on BYU's first BCS bowl under Heaps in 2011 though...



2- McKay is the better college WR right now. Chambers will be awesome by his senior year.



3- I think both Boise State and TCU run the table again this year, and at least one of them will play in either the Rose Bowl or the BCS Title Game.



4- I highly doubt it. Maybe if team #1 goes undefeated and is in the title game, and team #2 only loses one game, to that team.
S
scott715
4. I think there is a rule that says a non-AQ conference can have only one team in the BCS.
M
Mars
scott715 wrote:
4. I think there is a rule that says a non-AQ can have only one team in the BCS.

There is also a rule that says the SEC can only have one team in the BCS. Automatically.
I
imuakahuku
Isn't this weekend the one Scout usually opens everything up for free (except video's)?
Advertisement
B
bball
BSU must play at Virginia Tech, first game of the season; somehow I don't see them winning that game. I say they go down in their first game. TCU will NOT go undefeated again.
M
Mars
bball wrote:
BSU must play at Virginia Tech, first game of the season; somehow I don't see them winning that game. I say they go down in their first game.

I heard the same thing about Alabama heading into last season... :whistle:



Virginia Tech is the Ohio State of the ACC, where everyone good from other conferences get a ton of credit for beating them, but they always do beat them.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.