Archived Topic

So... USA fans

by Metal Bubba · 6/27/2010

Advertisement
M
Metal Bubba
Did Bob Bradley earn the right to stay OR is it time to bring in Jurgen Klinsmann? Discuss.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
It was time to bring in Klinsmann 4 years ago. This team is just stuck in neutral where they have been for the past 8+ years. Bradley has done a good job making the team/sport relevant again, but we need a change to get the team to the next level. I don't care if Bradley remains the godfather of the sport in America, but we need more aggression and discipline than Bradley has been able to get.



Everyone keeps talking about how Africa needs European coaches--so does USA at this point, and before our team ages like Italy's did.
S
SpiffCoug
One thing that Bradley did very well was form a team. I think this team had great chemistry and played together and for each other. My concern is that the team will stagnate four years from now if Bradley remains in charge - like it did w/ Arena.



I think we have some real talent in the system and some players that should be in their prime the next go around.



I'm not opposed to replacing Bradley, but I'm okay with him sticking around as well.
B
BoiseBYU
I am never sure if it is the coach or the players but here's what I saw: this team had character and steely nerve--never giving up. That's a good. This team also did not seem top-notch-ready to go at the get-go, allowing or almost allowing goals early on in each of the games. That's a bad. His subbing seemed spot on for the tournament, but I thought his starting line up today sucked--Clark was a bad mistake forcing a sub after what 15 minutes? I'm ok with him continuing but defer to the soccer gurus who know more



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CougarClaw
I have no idea.



I think Bradley is a great coach. Could someone else do better? who knows.
Advertisement
M
Mars
snoscythe wrote:
Bradley has done a good job making the team/sport relevant again

When did that happen?
S
Schmoe
Bradley made some great changes during the Slovenia game, other than that, I'm not sure what a soccer coach does. I don't know that coaching is the problem, we need to bring in better defenders and get them on the field (Is that a coaching decision? If so, sure, let's bring in someone new).
M
Metal Bubba
USSF will need to give Klinsmann complete control, I doubt it would be about money. I like Bradley. I liked Arena. But the time is now if we want to capitalize.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Sammich
snoscythe wrote:
Bradley has done a good job making the team/sport relevant again

What sport?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.