Archived Topic

There Can Only Be One

by Italics · 6/24/2010

Advertisement
I
Italics
Jake Heaps. The Chosen One.



That is all.
S
snoscythe
"Signed, Ben Olson and Paul Shoemaker"
C
craigoscarson
The one chosen to redshirt? ;)



2010 is going to be a bumpy ride no matter what happens... (can we just hold onto our secondary til 2011? I'd be pretty confident against Texas with Rich,Bradley, and Logan in combo with a seasoned lb corps and dline)
I
Italics
With Jake Heaps starting, Quezada coming aboard, Apo coming aboard, and a much improved defense, could you imagine how good BYU football would be 2-3 seasons from now?
C
craigoscarson
Italics wrote:
With Jake Heaps starting, Quezada coming aboard, Apo coming aboard, and a much improved defense, could you imagine how good BYU football would be 2-3 seasons from now?


Apo will redshirt... and most college qbs redshirt too. It doesn't diminsh what we'll have in 2-3 years.



Fall camp will be quite interesting.



I remember Keisel and Denney teeing off on Engemann when he was the heir apparent in fall camp (I'll never know if the O-line obliged or not). Doman turned out to be a pretty decent qb.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
There Can Only Be One:

My Team - The BYU Cougars
M
Metal Bubba
snoscythe wrote:
"Signed, Ben Olson and Paul Shoemaker"


PS - And Matt Berry and John Wlash.
W
Wickchad
We'll probably see a lot of these shirts in blue when he wins the starting job...327875570v7_480x480_Front_Color-AshGrey.jpg
S
snoscythe
Wickchad84087 wrote:
We'll probably see a lot of these shirts in blue when he wins the starting job...


Well, they have at least a year to print them. :whistle: ;) I kid!!
M
Mars


How many days until Fall camp begins?
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Mars wrote:


How many days until Fall camp begins?

August 8 is a Monday. I don't know for sure, but that seems like a logical choice for camp to start or at least players to report.



So 8 days in August. 31 days in July. 6 more days in June. 8+31+6=45.



So only 45 more days!!!
S
SpiffCoug
Mars wrote:


How many days until Fall camp begins?

Fall Camp? I thought we were going to call it The QB Battle to End All QB Battles. Or something more exciting than just Fall Camp.
I
Italics
I'll just have to drill this into all of your heads until it sticks, because apparently there are some of you who have not been converted by the holy aura of Jake Heaps.



THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE.
C
Cougs_Rule
"There Can BE Only One." Please get your movie quotes straight. This doesn't bode well for your prediction.

My prediction? There will be Two! We will take Yewt skat jawing when our record is 1-3 and then take even more crap when Bronco matches Whits with the school up north and we see Heaps replace the "more experienced qb"--similar to last year on the Hill That Bears No Light.

And while I'm at it, time will reveal that this inglorious move to the godless left, aka, the PAC-o-CRAP-10, will soon make their "move to the Dark Side complete." :evil:
B
byutx
Only way Apo redshirts is if it's for medical reasons.
Advertisement
M
Mars
byutx wrote:
Only way Apo redshirts is if it's for medical reasons.
There are those. He missed all Spring after surgery.



He's great, but we don't need him this year. Jacobsen and Chambers are both the man. Before next year, Ashworth graduates, and Apo can take over.
I
Italics
There can only be one.
B
BigCougsFan
There can only be one -- Jordan Pendelton!



I can't wait to watch him decapitate Locker, Ponder, and most of all, that cheesy frUte -- Jordan Wynn!



Frickin' rip his head off! I want to see him wobbling to the sidelines in complete dizziness from the pounding Pendelton lays on him AND all the QB's.



They're all gonna specifically look around to locate Pendelton before every snap THEN run away from him, to the opposite side of the field. Bunch of chickens!
S
Schmoe
Well, this has been a productive, insightful, and fascinating thread...
J
jonnylingo
Mars wrote:
Only way Apo redshirts is if it's for medical reasons.
There are those. He missed all Spring after surgery.



He's great, but we don't need him this year. Jacobsen and Chambers are both the man. Before next year, Ashworth graduates, and Apo can take over.


Dont redshirt him. we will probably lose him to the nfl before he uses four full years anyway. use him while we can.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.