Archived Topic

From an Official TBS Account

by Italics · 6/22/2010

Advertisement
I
Italics
http://twitter.com/GurneyTBS



with anyone familiar with Gman... this is him. Supposedly he is the most trusted source on cboard, and is usually the first to break news on new recruits and such (this is just what others have said)



true or not, it's interesting, especially considering there were some users who said over the weekend that they had seen Holmie in Dallas. Throw on top of that the fact that on some TCU forums there were users saying the same things about their AD's...



bleh, I hate this. I'm still much more skeptical than believing on all this, but man, rumors/speculation/smoke/whatever are addicting...
C
CougarClaw
Italics wrote:
another



http://twitter.com/aaronbenton


Link says Page does not exist...



Bad link or was it removed?



What did it say?
I
Italics
fixed
B
BigCougsFan
Oh this is frickin' killin' me! I can't take it anymore! I gotta know!



At first I didn't get my hopes up BUT this is unlike everything I've heard.



I should go put my head in the sand and come back in a few weeks to see what's happening.
Advertisement
I
Italics
BigCougsFan wrote:
Oh this is frickin' killin' me! I can't take it anymore! I gotta know!



At first I didn't get my hopes up BUT this is unlike everything I've heard.



I should go put my head in the sand and come back in a few weeks to see what's happening.


there seems to be more info on the scouts cougar forum, but i don't have a subscription
B
BYUgrad03
If Holmoe pulled this off then he would be elevated to legendary status in Provo overnight. If this is true, you gotta figure he's presenting some numbers that would be appealing to the other AD's in terms of revenue projections with the addition of BYU to the league. So this leaves us with the question of: If this did happen, who would be the 2nd team to join BYU if they go back to a 12 team league? Are there any reports of anyone from any other schools there as well I wonder?
S
stuckinbig10country
BYUgrad03 wrote:
If Holmoe pulled this off then he would be elevated to legendary status in Provo overnight. If this is true, you gotta figure he's presenting some numbers that would be appealing to the other AD's in terms of revenue projections with the addition of BYU to the league. So this leaves us with the question of: If this did happen, who would be the 2nd team to join BYU if they go back to a 12 team league? Are there any reports of anyone from any other schools there as well I wonder?


Sounds like TCU at this point. Probably has to be a Texas school to keep the legislature out of it.



If this goes down, how pissed will Boise be? Sure, there will be more TV money then the WAC, but for how long?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BigCougsFan
Italics wrote:
Oh this is frickin' killin' me! I can't take it anymore! I gotta know!



At first I didn't get my hopes up BUT this is unlike everything I've heard.



I should go put my head in the sand and come back in a few weeks to see what's happening.


there seems to be more info on the scouts cougar forum, but i don't have a subscription


You and me both!



Hint hint to anyone who does...
C
CannonCougar85
I can't take this, I am so nervous. This could be the best off-season ever!



CB is on fire right now. Their server is lagging...
Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
Based on the Gurney twitter account, Holmoe family is denying that Tom is in Dallas. Did he just start this today? Says he'll have more info tomorrow.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Metallicat
His "tweet" pretty much says what I've learned over there. Boosters say he's in Dallas. Family says he's in Alaska...
I
Italics
Holmie's family appears to be saying he's in alaska fishing... seems odd to me, but who knows.
C
CannonCougar85
Italics wrote:
Holmie's family appears to be saying he's in alaska fishing... seems odd to me, but who knows.


If he is in Alaska at a time like this that would really chap my backside
C
Cougarbib
BIg 10 should add 6 and stop holding out for th eimpossible dream of adding Notre Dame and Arkansas.



10+

BYU

BSU



TCU

AFA



Army

Navy



Get the commander-in-Chief Trophy within the conference, add 4 teams with small local markets but national draw in BYU and the service academys, plus Powerhouses TCU and BSU with local draw and some Cinderella type following nationally.



Do it not for the money - but because it is the right thing to do. Then the BCS includes 7 more teams including Utah than it did just a few weeks ago. Then have some other conferences do the same thing and include even more programs in the BCS.



Bottom line is that every one of those teams (some may argue against Army) are as deserving of a BCS inclusion as Iowa State, Baylor, Washington State, Duke, Vanderbilt, and some of the Big East teams.



President Obama is big on change and reform. He should make it happen. If u don't like the Army / Navy wrinkle - swap in Houston and SMU.
Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
If he cancelled planned meetings to go on an unplanned fishing trip to Alaska, BYU needs to find a new AD.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
stuckinbig10country wrote:
If he cancelled planned meetings to go on an unplanned fishing trip to Alaska, BYU needs to find a new AD.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




Yeah, it seems to me he kind of gave his family a bad cover story :)
I
imuakahuku
frdbtr wrote:
If he cancelled planned meetings to go on an unplanned fishing trip to Alaska, BYU needs to find a new AD.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




Yeah, it seems to me he kind of gave his family a bad cover story :)


Probably said it on his way out the door.



Wife "Honey what do I tell people or the press when they call?"

Tom " I don't know. Make something up."

Wife "I don't want to lie to them."

Tom "Well, you can't tell them the truth or this deal could blow up."

Wife "Yeah, you're right."

Tom as he is getting in the cab (limo) "Well, just tell them I went fishing in Alaska"



Tune in next week for the next exciting edition of "Where's Tom'o".
F
frdbtr
imuakahuku wrote:
stuckinbig10country wrote:
If he cancelled planned meetings to go on an unplanned fishing trip to Alaska, BYU needs to find a new AD.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




Yeah, it seems to me he kind of gave his family a bad cover story :)


Probably said it on his way out the door.



Wife "Honey what do I tell people or the press when they call?"

Tom " I don't know. Make something up."

Wife "I don't want to lie to them."

Tom "Well, you can't tell them the truth or this deal could blow up."

Wife "Yeah, you're right."

Tom as he is getting in the cab (limo) "Well, just tell them I went fishing in Alaska"



Tune in next week for the next exciting edition of "Where's Tom'o".


Funny, that is exactly what I was thinking. First thing that came to mind as he was running out the door "Just tell them I went fishing in Alaska!" lol
I
imuakahuku
Cougarbib2 wrote:
BIg 10 should add 6 and stop holding out for th eimpossible dream of adding Notre Dame and Arkansas.



10+

BYU

BSU



TCU

AFA



Army

Navy



Get the commander-in-Chief Trophy within the conference, add 4 teams with small local markets but national draw in BYU and the service academys, plus Powerhouses TCU and BSU with local draw and some Cinderella type following nationally.



Do it not for the money - but because it is the right thing to do. Then the BCS includes 7 more teams including Utah than it did just a few weeks ago. Then have some other conferences do the same thing and include even more programs in the BCS.



Bottom line is that every one of those teams (some may argue against Army) are as deserving of a BCS inclusion as Iowa State, Baylor, Washington State, Duke, Vanderbilt, and some of the Big East teams.



President Obama is big on change and reform. He should make it happen. If u don't like the Army / Navy wrinkle - swap in Houston and SMU.




Army should be included just on the basis of history alone! Not to mention the whole premise of what the academy stands for. I would bet teachers and administrators from Cal and Stanford would be pretty upset if any of the "warmongering" service academies were invited to sit at the BCS table. They don't hate just "peculiar people". :angry:
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.