Archived Topic

Dick Harmon on Utah to PAC-10

by snoscythe · 6/19/2010

Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
I'm not seeing the link - am I blind?
S
snoscythe
33311710 wrote:
I'm not seeing the link - am I blind?


Maybe. I put it in a second time just in case I am hallucinating.
B
BigCougsFan
Way to go Harmon! :D :D :D



I agree with Speilman and Howard. The MWC needs to bring in another great school. They went on a limb and named Notre Dame... Extremely far fetched, but I like shooting for the stars.
B
blue42
I absolutely love Dick Harmon in this interview. It makes me laugh because ESPN called him and wanted to talk about the frUtes joining the Pac whatever and he basically told them BYU deserves it more and the reason they picked Utah over BYU is religious bigotry!!! I just developed a man crush on Dick Harmon.
Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
Am I the only one who thinks Desmond H. sounded like an idiot:



Desmond: "Go get a big name, heavy hitter"



Other guy: "Like who?"



Desmond: "Notre Dame! Or someone like that"



Well....let's see...Hmmmm....I don't see a lot of Notre Dames lining up to join the MWC...do you guys?



Sometimes its a wonder some of these people keep getting pay checks.
D
Ddawg
33311710 wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks Desmond H. sounded like an idiot:



Desmond: "Go get a big name, heavy hitter"



Other guy: "Like who?"



Desmond: "Notre Dame! Or someone like that"



Well....let's see...Hmmmm....I don't see a lot of Notre Dames lining up to join the MWC...do you guys?



Sometimes its a wonder some of these people keep getting pay checks.


He has the job & is allowed to express his opinion becuase he had physical skills. Some folks have both physical skills & mental capacity. Apparently - Mr. D. is not too bright. To shoot an opinion "from the hip" like that - gives you a moment to pause & reflect: "Hmmmm ....." Then conclude - football skills do not connect the dots with mental capacity.

:lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
M
Metal Bubba
When I click the link I get a story about how excited the Yoots are to be PAC.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
crazycougar84601
Metal Bubba wrote:
When I click the link I get a story about how excited the Yoots are to be PAC.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




I got the same thing, so I looked it up on youtube



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BigCougsFan
33311710 wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks Desmond H. sounded like an idiot:



Desmond: "Go get a big name, heavy hitter"



Other guy: "Like who?"



Desmond: "Notre Dame! Or someone like that"



Well....let's see...Hmmmm....I don't see a lot of Notre Dames lining up to join the MWC...do you guys?



Sometimes its a wonder some of these people keep getting pay checks.


He's always been an idiot. :bug:



He only mentioned Notre Dame cause it was brought up by Speilman.



So when he was asked... He tried flipping through his rolodex of "Big Name Schools" :skeptic: , on the spot, and the only one popping up was Notre Dame. He might be fast with the reflexes, but when it comes thinking quick... It shows he has some :utard: in him.
Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
crazycougar84601 wrote:
When I click the link I get a story about how excited the Yoots are to be PAC.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




I got the same thing, so I looked it up on youtube



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Did you guys watch the video, or just read the article??? It's in the video.
M
Mars
blue42 wrote:
I absolutely love Dick Harmon in this interview. It makes me laugh because ESPN called him and wanted to talk about the frUtes joining the Pac whatever and he basically told them BYU deserves it more and the reason they picked Utah over BYU is religious bigotry!!! I just developed a man crush on Dick Harmon.

He basically said exactly what everyone else with a brain should have said. Obviously 99% of articles have been written by pro-PAC 10, pro-BCS, or pro-ESPN zombies, all following the official talking points and none wondering about all the common sense issues that were lacking.



It's also great because yewt fans are pissed! :lol:
M
Metal Bubba
BigCougsFan wrote:
Metal Bubba wrote:
When I click the link I get a story about how excited the Yoots are to be PAC.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




I got the same thing, so I looked it up on youtube



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Did you guys watch the video, or just read the article??? It's in the video.


I was reading on my smart phone and it didn't show a video. Now I've seen it. Good job, Harmon.
F
frdbtr
You guys are sure being critical of Desmond howard for no reason. He did not say that the MWC could or should go after ND, he was just saying that they should try to get someone big. He only mentioned ND because the other guy brought it up. (spielman?). He was the one that was poking fun at the MWC, Desmond sounded very respectful and just said that the conference needed to bring in someone that would add instant credibility.
Y
Y 4 Ever
frdbtr wrote:
You guys are sure being critical of Desmond howard for no reason. He did not say that the MWC could or should go after ND, he was just saying that they should try to get someone big. He only mentioned ND because the other guy brought it up. (spielman?). He was the one that was poking fun at the MWC, Desmond sounded very respectful and just said that the conference needed to bring in someone that would add instant credibility.


And yet couldn't come up with a single other name than ND. Well...that's probably because right now there's really not any out there. But that's still the best advice that Desmond could come up with. Lame.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
frdbtr wrote:
You guys are sure being critical of Desmond howard for no reason. He did not say that the MWC could or should go after ND, he was just saying that they should try to get someone big. He only mentioned ND because the other guy brought it up. (spielman?). He was the one that was poking fun at the MWC, Desmond sounded very respectful and just said that the conference needed to bring in someone that would add instant credibility.


Might be right...but Desmond is way down the credibility scale for me--did you hear his recent defense of Reggie Bush and why he still ought to keep his Heisman? Pathetic
F
frdbtr
33311710 wrote:
You guys are sure being critical of Desmond howard for no reason. He did not say that the MWC could or should go after ND, he was just saying that they should try to get someone big. He only mentioned ND because the other guy brought it up. (spielman?). He was the one that was poking fun at the MWC, Desmond sounded very respectful and just said that the conference needed to bring in someone that would add instant credibility.


And yet couldn't come up with a single other name than ND. Well...that's probably because right now there's really not any out there. But that's still the best advice that Desmond could come up with. Lame.




You are exactly right, there is no one else that could replace utah. Notre dame hasn't been on par with utah this decade. In other words, the MWC is screwed. The point he was making was valid though, it would help the MWC if we could swing for the fence and connect.
M
Mars
frdbtr wrote:
You are exactly right, there is no one else that could replace utah. Notre dame hasn't been on par with utah this decade. In other words, the MWC is screwed.

Boise State is more than an adequate replacement for the yewts.



Besides, the biggest name the MWC could land currently is... Fresno. Woo.
F
frdbtr
Mars wrote:
You are exactly right, there is no one else that could replace utah. Notre dame hasn't been on par with utah this decade. In other words, the MWC is screwed.

Boise State is more than an adequate replacement for the yewts.



Besides, the biggest name the MWC could land currently is... Fresno. Woo.




True, but we had Boise before utah left. All this MWC discussion is moot though since BYU is headed to the big 12.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.