Archived Topic

Beck Tutors BYU Quarterbacks

by snoscythe · 6/19/2010

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Dick Harmon has a story today about John Beck tutoring our quarterbacks this summer. Nelson and Lark actually went to Baltimore for a couple of days to pick his brain on breaking down coverages (but not Heaps????):



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700041570/Beck-tutors-Cougar-QBs.html?pg=1



Other miscellany from the article worth noting:

- Beck says the Ravens have been so impressed with Pitta that they are adding double tight-end sets to get him and Heap on the field at the same time (which implies Pitta won the battle of the rookie TEs)

- Beck is in a good battle with Troy Smith for the backup spot, but Smith missed some time for tonsil removal, so Beck might have an inside edge with the extra snaps

- Beck's annual golf tournament is going to feature most of the NFL Mormon guys, plus all the non-criminal big names from Baltimore--Flacco, Oher, Heap, etc.
G
Guest
Awesome, thanks for sharing this.
M
Mars
snoscythe wrote:
Dick Harmon has a story today about John Beck tutoring our quarterbacks this summer. Nelson and Lark actually went to Baltimore for a couple of days to pick his brain on breaking down coverages (but not Heaps????)

I didn't see a date for the trip. I wondered if it might have been during Jake's All-Star game.
D
Ddawg
Good insight on Pitta! I'm puling for Pitta & Beck all the way!! Though I have not been a Ravens fan in the past - I'm hoping for the success of our "Boyz!"
B
BigCougsFan
I'm glad Beck hasn't forgot his roots! Keep it up!



As for Pitta... We all knew he would be the best TE coming out of the draft. Only a matter of time when Todd Heaps passes on the torch to Pitta.



I still wish my Patriots drafted him, instead of that injury prone fool from Florida.
Advertisement
G
gmj81
... don't forget pothead.
C
CougarClaw
gmj81 wrote:
... don't forget pothead.


http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:iUktNMUEDvdujM:http://costumenetwork.com/albums/3/pothead.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



ah yes. HIM.
Y
Y12
Mars wrote:
Dick Harmon has a story today about John Beck tutoring our quarterbacks this summer. Nelson and Lark actually went to Baltimore for a couple of days to pick his brain on breaking down coverages (but not Heaps????)

I didn't see a date for the trip. I wondered if it might have been during Jake's All-Star game.


If Heaps missed a chance to pick Beck's brain for an all-star game that is a red flag. If that is the case someone needs to tell him to MOVE ON. Playing high school players won't get you ready to start as a freshman in D1 football.
T
ttribe
snoscythe wrote:
- Beck's annual golf tournament is going to feature most of the NFL Mormon guys, plus all the non-criminal big names from Baltimore--Flacco, Oher, Heap, etc.

You realize Heap is LDS too, right?
S
snoscythe
ttribe wrote:
- Beck's annual golf tournament is going to feature most of the NFL Mormon guys, plus all the non-criminal big names from Baltimore--Flacco, Oher, Heap, etc.

You realize Heap is LDS too, right?


You know, I knew that, but I just failed to remember it. If that makes any sense?
Advertisement
T
ttribe
snoscythe wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
- Beck's annual golf tournament is going to feature most of the NFL Mormon guys, plus all the non-criminal big names from Baltimore--Flacco, Oher, Heap, etc.

You realize Heap is LDS too, right?


You know, I knew that, but I just failed to remember it. If that makes any sense?

No worries. Happens.
M
Mars
Y12 wrote:
If Heaps missed a chance to pick Beck's brain for an all-star game that is a red flag. If that is the case someone needs to tell him to MOVE ON. Playing high school players won't get you ready to start as a freshman in D1 football.

Wasn't Heaps all about always trying to get more exposure for BYU? And trying to recruit the highest profile athletes he could to come here.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.