Archived Topic

MWC - Do we stay at 9 teams or add another to make it 10?

by BigCougsFan · 6/17/2010

Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
Since our little brother decided to test the waters in Pac country. Does the MWC now add another school to the nine school conference, or do we stick with nine schools???



If we add another... Who???
C
CAFB_04-12
Exactly. Who? Nobody brings anything to the MWC we can't get by just getting the bottom dwellers to win football games.
F
Florwood
Yeah, doesn't seem worth the effort and scheduling differences. Anybody out there now that might be remotely interested--Houston? Fresno?--would bolster the middle of the MWC and bring small portions of their market, but not really accomplish anything.
B
BigCougsFan
If I remember correctly... 33311710 stated a few weeks ago that we need to improve the middle/lower tier of our conference and not the top of it.



Which makes perfect sense. Our top three are stout, and we actually need to do something with our lowers tier teams. Not just another team that would add more losses, but would add more wins in the lower tiers(if that makes sense???). We need to strengthen our conference overall...



I say we add another school, like Houston. We need to have more eyes in the state of Texas. We are actually recruiting really well out there and I wouldn't mind making that better. Something about Texas recruits that everyone covets.
M
Mingjai
BigCougsFan wrote:
I say we add another school, like Houston. We need to have more eyes in the state of Texas. We are actually recruiting really well out there and I wouldn't mind making that better. Something about Texas recruits that everyone covets.


I wouldn't mind adding Houston if only because it adds another competitive team to the conference. But I have no expectation that Houston would add much in terms of buzz in Texas, because we all know there's only one school in Texas that has the eyes of Texas upon them all the live long day...



BTW, the lyrics to the "Eyes of Texas" have a psychotic stalker vibe going--look them up sometime.
Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
BigCougsFan wrote:
If I remember correctly... 33311710 stated a few weeks ago that we need to improve the middle/lower tier of our conference and not the top of it.



Which makes perfect sense. Our top three are stout, and we actually need to do something with our lowers tier teams. Not just another team that would add more losses, but would add more wins in the lower tiers(if that makes sense???). We need to strengthen our conference overall...



I say we add another school, like Houston. We need to have more eyes in the state of Texas. We are actually recruiting really well out there and I wouldn't mind making that better. Something about Texas recruits that everyone covets.


The team I actually was referring to when I made that statement was Houston. My concern with them is can they sustain their current level of play, or will it evaporate when their QB graduates.



Fresno wouldn't be a bad option either. They have a decent history of strong play - I'd put them at about the same level as AFA right now, maybe a hair lower (despite their bowl loss to the Cowboys)



I'd stay away from Nevada - small school, low attendance, flash-in-the-pan results (football and basketball). They'd turn into Wyoming before you know it.
S
scott715
Using the numbers Fresno is a 58 and lowers our average so no go. Nevada is 45 which raises it a little. Houston is mid 40's so there is a benefit. Projecting this season Nevada and houston numbers should improve. The best add is Navy for just football. They are independent so that could be done and theirs is a 43 which would be a help.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.