Archived Topic

AZ article slams the PAC, Utah and Colorado

by CannonCougar85 · 6/16/2010

Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
This is kinda funny to read. He quotes Dan Beebe and his thoughts of the Pac 10


I grew up in Pac-10 territory, and although there are outstanding institutions, the facilities and fair-weather fans are a disappointment. I suggest their fan support, and the accompanying image it projects, should be carefully examined.


And then...


Fair-weather fans? Empty seats? Is that really how the rest of the world views the Pac-10?


Haha... It was only a couple years ago where Utah couldn't even give away their tickets for free.
Y
Y 4 Ever
That's nothing - this was the best line by FAR (and oh so true...and I'm glad people outside of Utah can see it)


The Pac-10 can use a bump in glamour, and especially one at the bank, but I don't see how Colorado or Utah can help either. I'm aware of the negative variables and politics about adding BYU, but the Cougars have a history, a brand and a presence that neither Utah nor Colorado can touch.
F
Florwood
My favorite quote is



'I'm aware of the negative variables and politics about adding BYU, but the Cougars have a history, a brand and a presence that neither Utah nor Colorado can touch.'
S
SpiffCoug
BigCougsFan wrote:
Fair-weather fans? Empty seats? Is that really how the rest of the world views the Pac-10?


Haha... It was only a couple years ago where Utah couldn't even give away their tickets for free.


Yep, I remember the Utes' great marketing slogan in 2003, IIRC: Don't make us come get you!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.