Archived Topic

My Boy Needs Pads for BYU Camp - HELP!!!!!

by urroner · 6/16/2010

Advertisement
U
urroner
My boy get to be in the BYU Football camp next week and I just found out that he is going to need to bring his own pads, so does anybody know where to get some pads for a week there in the Provo/Orem area?
S
snoscythe
Play-it-Again Sports might have something used a bit cheaper than new, but I don't know of any loaners/rentals.
L
Lawboy
I'd go talk to your local HS coach, tell him your son is heading to BYU Football Camp, and see if they will let you use some schools pads. I'd be shocked it they didn't.
U
urroner
Lawboy wrote:
I'd go talk to your local HS coach, tell him your son is heading to BYU Football Camp, and see if they will let you use some schools pads. I'd be shocked it they didn't.


We leave in Florida and the boy leaves tomorrow. He just moved in with me, like yesterday, and the coach doesn't know him from Adam and none of the coaches are in town right now.
U
urroner
Well, something happened today that I sure wasn't expecting. The coach of the local high school JV team called me today and it turns out that he was my neighbor twenty years ago. He wanted to meet my boy, so I drug him down to the high school and when we left, we had a complete football uniform including a practice jersey with the number 8. My boy is named after Steve Young. His name is Frank. No, it's Steven. I wanted to call him "John Steven," but the boy's mum vetoed that.



The coach is also the head coach of the wrestling team and is also the head of the science department in the high school. My boy wanted to be an engineer and wants to play football and wrestle in high school. I told the coach to show the wee lad no mercy. The coach said that word wasn't in his vocabulary and didn't understand what it meant.
Advertisement
G
Guest
When you're living right on and off the field...
U
urroner
hawkwing wrote:
When you're living right on and off the field...


ha ha ha



If my son were half as good as Collie, I'd be very pleased.
F
Florwood
So if your son, heaven forbid, is ever hauled in court and the judge asks him his name, he can say



"Steven, Urroner."
C
CannonCougar85
Florwood wrote:
So if your son, heaven forbid, is ever hauled in court and the judge asks him his name, he can say



"Steven, Urroner."




Ha ha ha well done Sir. :lol: :lol:
S
Schmoe
I thought it was "Steve Young-Detmer Urroner"...
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.