Archived Topic

One tight end's opinion on who will start QB

by taekwondave · 6/15/2010

Advertisement
T
taekwondave
So I just had a ten minute conversation with a BYU tight end whose name I will leave out because he MIGHT not want it on here, I don't know I didn't ask him.



ANYWAY. We talked all about conference realignment and all that cause we just heard about Texas staying in the Big twelve and I just start throwing out some questions.



"So who do you think will start at QB this year?"



"I think Riley."



He said Jake has a cannon but he suspects with Harvey leaving, Mendenhall will go with Riley. I asked him if he thinks that will be a disadvantage to us; not starting Jake and he said no. He thinks we're "gonna be cookin" one way or the other. He says Jake throws a little bit better ball but that Riley really does do other things better.



So I asked him about Munns. From what I had heard on these boards it sounded like he was going to transfer as soon as he got back for sure. Well, according to him that's not the case. Munns seems to have every intention of competing for the job, however, he says he's kinda fat right now, but he's been going to watch film with the team and is throwing just as much as the other guys and he says he's a total beast. I said I heard he was like 6'5" and he said he's at LEAST that tall. He thinks he probably clears 6'6". He says they're all awesome. He's caught a million balls from all of them and says they all put it right on the money.



So there's a small break from conference realignment.
C
CougarClaw
nice update. THanks
S
snoscythe
If Munns had been back two or three months sooner, I would have named him the darkhorse given his physical abilities (him being "fat" is pleasant new to me given how rail-thin he was before he left), but at this point, I don't know that he can catch up to the steep curve the two contenders have posted to date.
F
Florwood
C'mon, you can tell us--was it Chad Lewis or Itula Mili?
B
BigCougsFan
Oh great! You know a guy, who knows a guy type of thing.
Advertisement
T
taekwondave
Florwood wrote:
C'mon, you can tell us--was it Chad Lewis or Itula Mili?


I'm assuming you're joking. It was someone currently on the team. Turns out he's in my ward and rooms with a couple of the other players. I just don't mention his name because we were just makin small talk and I don't think he realized he was talking to an undercover cougarcorner/cougarblue reporter ;)
L
Lawboy
I think Riley starts as well. I do think Bronco has proven that he goes with the more experienced guy over the younger, but more talented guys because Bronco really does value experience. I do think that if Riley struggles at all, though, that Heaps will get a chance. I'd prefer Heaps, but my gut tells me that it will be Riley. But if Riley can play like Doman, I;d be happy with that. However, even Doman struggled without a certain stud RB in the backfield.
F
Florwood
taekwondave wrote:
C'mon, you can tell us--was it Chad Lewis or Itula Mili?


I'm assuming you're joking.


Yep!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.